Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Delmar O'Donnell
(Bolster)

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio
Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 00:14:28 MST Print View

Any interesting gear under the tree for you this year? Or something you gave your S.O.? Or perhaps you got some gear for yourself? Just curious what's being given and gotten, so post up.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 00:18:40 MST Print View

I asked for the gnar hoody and some gortex socks.

Cesar Valdez
(PrimeZombie) - F

Locale: Scandinavia
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 02:30:09 MST Print View

Got gear for myself. No one really knows exactly what my kit needs but me, so why not?

Got myself a Borah Gear down vest and a pair of silnylon rain pants. They are being made now and I plan on doing a full report on my blog once they get here, and intend on really putting them to use and writing a long term review too. I am very excited about this order. I should also give credit where credit is due to the customer service from John at BG. He has been very friendly, informative, and patient in our many emails back and forth, and got back to me pretty quickly too. I will apparently have the very first down vest produced for sale from BG. :)

EDIT - typo

Edited by PrimeZombie on 12/25/2013 02:33:44 MST.

Ito Jakuchu
(jakuchu) - MLife

Locale: Japan
thread needs images on 12/25/2013 05:20:23 MST Print View

Don't really do x-mas but did order a very nice light base layer with hoody and thumb loops, the As Tucas Zilindro Hoody. Was made in a couple of days and sent off to Japan, curious to give the Schoeller fabric a go.

As Tucas Zilindro Hoody

Kevin Schneringer
(Slammer) - MLife

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands
All I want for Christmas is....... on 12/25/2013 06:14:22 MST Print View

Not my two front teeth. My gear costs much more than that!
I generally buy my own gear but this year I held out on the Patagonia R1.

My wife got me the R1 hoody and I was happy, but lurking under the hoody was a pair of LL Bean house slippers.
She did good as usual. And those shoes will be very comfy whilst setting and ready BPL over the holidays.

In truth I really believe she gives the best gift all through the year. NOT asking what was in that delivery, did you really need that, I thought you already had one of those. Yep she is a patient woman!

BER ---
(BER) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Christmas on 12/25/2013 06:21:25 MST Print View

My wife an I built our own Wild Things hoodies. Came exactly as ordered. Sized true to expectations. Look like good quality.

Edited by BER on 12/25/2013 06:22:12 MST.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Christmas on 12/25/2013 09:19:31 MST Print View

Mrs. Claus and the elves outdid themselves this year.

Benchmade 940, BD Mega Light, and a flask which may or may not come in handy at the GGG this year.

Delmar O'Donnell
(Bolster)

Wife Knife on 12/25/2013 09:36:48 MST Print View

Wow, a wife that will give her husband a butch knife. I can only imagine what that must be like.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Wife Knife on 12/25/2013 10:27:52 MST Print View

Seeing that I laid out a bread crumb trail, drew pictures, and even composed a haiku, I think it was more to shut me up than anything else. The Mega Light was a complete surprise and I can't wait to go play in the snow with it.

Benjamin Meadors
(thebentern) - F

Locale: Central Arkansas
Gossamer Gear Minimalist Daypack on 12/25/2013 10:42:47 MST Print View

My wife had a Gossamer Gear Minimalist Ultralight Daypack under the tree for me. This is our first Christmas, and I'd say she's a keeper. :-)

Matt Weaver
(norcalweaver) - F

Locale: PacNW
Locus Gear on 12/25/2013 11:00:12 MST Print View

Got the wife a Locus Gear Khufu sil made this year. She did not like the available colors so I purchased a bunch of pretty sky blue fabric from Lightheart and convinced Jotaro to do me a solid and make one of his shelters out of the fabric I provided. Christmas will run a bit late for the wife this year, should arrive in a couple of weeks.

As for me, I buy gear all year round for myself so see christmas presents as a little unnecessary. Love giving gifts though :)

Phillip Asby
(PGAsby) - M

Locale: North Carolina
Hanging plus on 12/25/2013 12:31:10 MST Print View

I had a Grand Trunk skeeter beater pro under the tree for my wife and son - he (scout) got a new headlamp and a lighter sleeping bag REI Lumen 25 to replace his 3 plus pound alps bag (great bag but big and heavyish).

I've not tried a hammock so the Granf Trunk seems like a good compromise of price features and weight. It will need some mods as the suspension is supposed to be so so at best but worst case some straps and I'm hanging (might go all in with whoopies).... And a tarp but that is doable.

Donna C
(leadfoot) - M

Locale: Middle Virginia
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 12:43:03 MST Print View

Santa gave me a Lite Trail cook set. 2.9 0z.
: )

Edited by leadfoot on 12/25/2013 13:16:19 MST.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 13:32:16 MST Print View

I'm upgrading the in-laws and wife on flashlights. Not to a UL level, but taking them from the old incandescent lights to current LED options. That means taking the in-laws from a 3-D-cell Maglite to a 4-AA Dorcy LED flashlight of lighter weight, greater life and greater lumens. Win, win, and win.

My wife likes a 3-D-cell in case the people by the side of the road in apparent need of medical care cause a fuss. Then the billy-club style and weight is nice to have. But with LEDs and lithium batteries, it is lighter, can be swung faster and (importantly) works well to -40F.

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 13:49:06 MST Print View

I gave a glow in the dark rope to car camping scout parent, to use/see the guyline at night when the kids are walking back to the tents at night. It was well received.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-x-100-ft-glow-in-the-dark-polypropylene-rope-65567.html

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 14:44:35 MST Print View

Well in my never ending quest to keep my wife warm when colder weather backpacking, I recently got and gave her a 0 degree wide quilt from E.E.

I didn't get anything. But since I was required to work 8 hrs yesterday and I'm required to work 8 hrs today, think I may get myself something later since both days are time and a half plus regular pay. Would like to get a cuben pyramid tent.

Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 15:18:33 MST Print View

I got my myself some way too expensive Rossignol Alltrack 120 ski boots. I can't bring myself to buy too many backpacking items during ski season, and also can't buy too many ski gear items during backpacking season. Horrible strategy for finding good deals.

Paul Andronico
(Jakesandwich) - M

Locale: S.F. Bay Area
New Hexamid Tarp & Net Tent on 12/25/2013 15:21:41 MST Print View

My wife ordered me a Hexamid solo tarp and SMD Serenity Net Tent for X-mas. Woohoo!

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Christmas Gifts on 12/25/2013 15:27:53 MST Print View

Got my parents a Sawyer Mini, and the siblings got them a Gigipower stove. Not much to get them since last year they got new packs, a new tent, new pads and they already have down bags.

Got little brother a Cold Steel Voyager knife. That is a nice piece! Need to get one for myself at some point.

Little sisters are so great to shop for! Amazon.com and Starbucks gift cards are all they want (at least from a brother with no sense of fashion).

J P
(jpovs) - F - M

Locale: North Shore
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 15:31:47 MST Print View

-

Edited by jpovs on 06/15/2014 14:15:58 MDT.

Mike Gervais
(MikeG) - M
Gearing up on 12/25/2013 16:13:22 MST Print View

Box arrived yesterday with 4 quilts from Tim at EE. Woot!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 16:18:32 MST Print View

Montane Resolute smock and 45Nrth WÖLVHAMMER winter cycling shoes for me.
Orvis Zip-Back Fleece Vest for the pup.

Christopher Kuzak
(KC)
Bag and Poles on 12/25/2013 16:44:03 MST Print View

Bought a bag, Marmot Plasma 30, with some Xmas gift cards, after months of struggling over what to get. Also received some new hiking poles. Nothing fancy, just BD Ergo Corks. Lighter than my cheapies that finally busted though.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
$$$$$$$$$ on 12/25/2013 17:21:17 MST Print View

Mom had asked me a few weeks back what I wanted, said I was ok. Then this last week have been looking at a winter quilt, so told mom what I needed and how much. Got a Christmas card with some folding currency with a few zeroes at the ends. :)
Duane

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Re: Interesting Gear on 12/25/2013 17:23:15 MST Print View

So, after nearly depleting my stash of 4 oz. Snow Peak fuel canisters during my cold weather stove tests, the elves suggested that I contact Mountain Gear for another case. I went with the MSR Isopro, as I didn't see any Snow Peak on their site. Right after they sent it out, I got nervous--were they really the 4 oz. version, or did I have brain lock and buy the 8 oz. canisters? I called Mountain Gear and had a great chat with the guy. I told him that I had bought the last case of Snow Peak fuel from them, as they are about the only vendor that will actually sell and ship cases of canister fuel (hazmat hassles). He assured me that they sent out the 4 oz. canisters, and he said they also sell the Snow Peak ones. Damn, somehow I'd missed seeing that on their site. Snow Peaks weigh 7.1 oz. full, and the MSRs weigh 7.5 oz. Being gram weenies yourselves, I'm sure y'all find this quite interesting so far. No? Really?

Well, this plot thickens. I decided to pull the trigger on another case of canisters, this time the Snow Peak ones. They're on their way now. When they get here, I'll have a full lifetime supply of 4 oz. fuel canisters. This is where it gets quite interesting, folks. I mean, will I actually live long enough to ever have to buy another case of stove fuel? But a man can't have too many fuel canisters, can he? Or tents, or bags, or packs, or stoves, or....?

I find this whole gear addiction thing interesting.

I hope each one of you had a nice day today, and that your New Year is a prosperous one. I've enjoyed sharing the forums with you over the past year--you're a special bunch of folks.

Nathan Custer
(nastynate) - F

Locale: Tennessee
books on 12/25/2013 18:33:41 MST Print View

I got lots of new reading material, a sawyer mini, exped air pillow, toaks 550 pot, esbit wing stove, fire steel, and Swiss army mini. Quite the motherlode.

Kevin S.
(kstephens) - F
Good Year on 12/25/2013 18:55:31 MST Print View

I got a few amazon gift cards that I blew on random gear (sawyer mini, Toaks ti pot, a new headlamp.....), I also got an REI flash 4 - which is actually 50l since it is a Large. The Flash was on sale for $63, and I had a a $25 rei gift card from coworkers.

I also got the Helinox chair. I had never seen one, and thought it would be a good addition to my bike touring/kayak set up - but it was a little more bulky than I had imagined so I sent it back. I now have $80 credit at Moosejaw.

My wife also got me a new brooks saddle for my touring bike I built up last year. I just couldn't get over my old brown brooks on a new black surly. So she got me a black flyer. Now come the joys of breaking in a brooks saddle - but it is worth it.

Edited by kstephens on 12/25/2013 18:56:10 MST.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 19:10:42 MST Print View

Nothing for me but a pair of Red Ryder BB guns for the kids.

Mike Gervais
(MikeG) - M
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 19:19:30 MST Print View

Time spent teaching those kids to use and safely handle those RR's will be much better than any gift you could have hoped to receive.

You are blessed.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 19:51:08 MST Print View

Wondering how soon some of this gear is going to end up on swap

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 20:02:57 MST Print View

"Time spent teaching those kids to use and safely handle those RR's will be much better than any gift you could have hoped to receive."

Teach them? I suppose I should've read the instructions first.

The dog runs and hides when she hears one get cocked, there are four dead sparrows in our yard, one of the neighbors' windows is broken, and I've got a bloody welt on my neck.

:)

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/25/2013 20:13:09 MST Print View

"The dog runs and hides when she hears one get cocked, there are four dead sparrows in our yard, one of the neighbors' windows is broken, and I've got a bloody welt on my neck."

I guess it's a good thing someone hasn't lost an eye....

Adrien Baker
(AdrienBaker) - F - M

Locale: Kern County
Nothing Fancy on 12/25/2013 20:47:12 MST Print View

I didn't get any fancy cottage gear, but I did get a few things from my wish list.

photo B583C36A-E290-42F5-8364-807C12491D18_zpsvgmvksa5.jpg

I got my wife a pair of Salomon Speedcross 3's.

Adrien

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Pink BB Guns on 12/25/2013 21:23:03 MST Print View

A family friend just got his 9 year old girl a pink Red Rider. When she asked for it we asked her what she wanted it for "Because when I grow up I want to join the army and have a pink rifle. When I shoot a bad guy I'll yell 'You've been pinkified, Sucker!'"

I told him that was so cute I'd buy it myself if he couldn't afford it!

Craig do I need to fly out too CA and teach your kids how too shoot? "Rule #1 Don't shoot the dog...

Todd Taylor
(texasbb) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Tilley hat on 12/25/2013 21:24:22 MST Print View

My kids got me a TH5 Hemp Hat. Not sure I'd have ever dropped that much coin on a hat for myself. My old one was $14.

Jeff Sims
(jeffreytsims) - MLife

Locale: So. Cal
goodies on 12/25/2013 22:03:35 MST Print View

Litetrail handleless cook kit V.3.0
GoLite Bitterroot
Mammut Ultimate soft shell for snowshoeing
EE Enigma (Xtra Long to arrive around the first of the year)

Santa (and my wife) was good to me this year

From me to me

Ruta Locura Lone peak Cuben
Wifi stove

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Locale: Maroon Bells
Interesting Gear on 12/26/2013 04:06:23 MST Print View

Best Christmas ever. The 22nd was our 30th anniversary and under the tree we had a new 9 tray Excalibur Dehydrator and tickets to Patagonia in March. Let the adventure begin.

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Re: Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 09:41:26 MST Print View

This statement is not directed at or intended to pick on Craig.
I'm all support for 2A rights and protection.

My friends that work at animal rescue shelters often get stray dogs with BB and pellets in their hips and face. The "responsibility speech" with my young nephew is an investment in his future growth, and the long term well being of the stray pet that will be adopted.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 09:49:14 MST Print View

"This statement is not directed at or intended to pick on Craig."

There's the possibility that humor was involved and that it was not to be taken seriously.

But again, there's the possibility that he wasn't joking and if so, that must have been one hell of a Christmas morning.

Delmar O'Donnell
(Bolster)

Re: Interesting Gear on 12/26/2013 09:57:06 MST Print View

> a new 9 tray Excalibur Dehydrator and tickets to Patagonia in March.

As the OP, I hereby award you the best gift of thread! The next step is for you to pretend to feel guilty for the less fortunate, and to insist that other people redistribute their wealth or donate their funds to charity. You can't take a trip to Patagonia toting your newly dried foods without some sort of public show of morality. But once you've completed the necessary exculpatory steps, I hope you enjoy the heck out of yourselves.

Zorg Zumo
(BurnNotice) - F
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 10:03:36 MST Print View

http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/hammockaccessories.html

A breathable ripstop coyote brown under-quilt protector from 2QZQ. It should be in the high 20's and misty here pretty soon so I can give it a try. Then I'll give it another test when we get some cold with wind. I'm hoping it will help extend the range of my hammock setup* a little.

* WBBB DBL 1.7, Hammock Gear 20* Incubator Under Quilt, WB Mamba 3 season top quilt, WB MambaJamba tarp

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Wool Dress Shirt and Bikepacking Bags on 12/26/2013 10:11:40 MST Print View

bk

Let's go bikepacking!

I also got a gift from Wool & Prince, the kickstarter who fielded for testers. They're having me use a few of their shirts for a while and report back (which I'll do here for those interested as well).

Maggie Harlan
(MaggieMaeFlower) - F

Locale: Ohio
Christmas on 12/26/2013 10:12:14 MST Print View

I received 3 new pairs of Smartwool socks (which double as my everyday socks) and 3 yards of Zpacks insect netting to make a bug sock for the Grand Trunk Nano. My mom even went out in the cold and laid in the Hammock so I could make adjustments. She's a good woman!

I gave out Sawyer minis to everyone.

Happy Holidays!

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Wool Dress Shirt and Bikepacking Bags on 12/26/2013 10:18:39 MST Print View

Max,

Which manufacturer did you go with for that bag?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Bolder Bikepacking for my 29er.

http://bolderbikepacking.wordpress.com/

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
bike lights. on 12/26/2013 10:26:47 MST Print View

proper bike lights for this early-sunset time of year. light + motion "urban 700" commuter pack. would like a proper strobe for daytime, but the form factor, brightness, and USB charging is all good.

Matthew Stenger
(MatthewStenger)

Locale: the beautiful but rainy northwest
I received quite a few backpacking gifts: on 12/26/2013 10:34:59 MST Print View

Prepping for the AT, so gear was all I had on my wishlist. Made out pretty well.

my christmas presents

Gnar hoodie, Houdini, 20 L OR drysack, Snow Peak LiteMax stove, a mylar blanket, a leatherman, a compass thermometer, and the AT Guide (2013 version, unfortunately)

Also, one sister gave me a ton of dehydrated goodies for the trail.

Joe Annese
(dirtbaghiker) - M
gifts on 12/26/2013 12:12:12 MST Print View

I got some smartwool hiking socks and a pair of kahtoola KTS Steel crampons. I gave her a Patagonia cap 4 zip neck shirt and a patagonia R3 jacket. The rest is all about the kids..

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 12:34:46 MST Print View

Pair of Smartwool PhD running socks.

Bottle of J&B scotch.

Alister R Barnes
(ARB)

Locale: Piha
Future MYOG on 12/26/2013 13:32:26 MST Print View

A sheet of Carbon fibre and matching epoxy

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Replacements on 12/26/2013 14:38:24 MST Print View

I got my gf a replacement MHW Scrambler pack after hers was stolen. Upgraded her to the ULT version in hopes of dragging her on some backpack trips (she'll camp, she'll climb, she'll hike...but the "backpacking" part is still out of reach). She got me/us a pair of the costco snow shovels in prep for some winter camping.

I had a pack stolen stolen on Halloween that was ready for a weekend trip so I took advantage of black Friday to start gearing up again. GG Mariposa, WM UL20, REI Flash 45, Rab element solo tarp, Cap 4 Hoodie. I also took advantage of the season to get some MB synth insulated pants and a rab neutrino plus in prep for some winter summits!

Delmar O'Donnell
(Bolster)

Re: Future MYOG on 12/26/2013 15:47:33 MST Print View

> A sheet of Carbon fibre and matching epoxy

Darn, that's what I meant to ask for...!

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Locale: Maroon Bells
Interesting Gear on 12/26/2013 17:48:08 MST Print View

Delmar,
Mea culpa,mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Did I forget to mention that I'm also retiring at the end of the month? I will, however, supply an in depth trip report when we get back.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 18:20:28 MST Print View

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Aclima woolnet zip neck top and woolnet bottoms. Love this stuff. Thanks to Danny Milks for letting me know about Nordic Outdoors! Easy to deal with.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
My gift to myself on 12/26/2013 18:28:00 MST Print View

My present to myself arrived today. Got me a caldera cone inferno package with 1.3l vargo titanium pot. Look for my CC snow peak setup on gear swap soon.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: My gift to myself on 12/26/2013 20:23:19 MST Print View

Rab Myriad Neoshell jacket from my wife and a Golite Crestone Neoshell Bib and First Ascent Peak XV Down Parka from Santa (myself) :-)

Joseph Lynch
(rushfan) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
set my wife up so she could join me on 12/26/2013 21:52:37 MST Print View

Got my wife an REI Flash pack and used WM bag so she could join me on trips in the future.

I got a new stove.

Olicamp Xcelerator

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 23:03:56 MST Print View

I may have mentioned it in a few threads already, but I got Mrs. pitsy a hat from Kat_P because she goes to work at 4am and our little VW doesn't heat up before she gets to work.

She got me some Dickies coveralls for when I work on the car. Now I won't ruin my regular clothes and I'll be a bit warmer when I'm laying under the car.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Gear Under the Tree on 12/27/2013 01:10:29 MST Print View

So many goodies! Thanks all for sharing.

My son and I use HMG Porter packs, and we didn't want my wife to be left out, so we got her the HMG tote bag. Now we need to take her to the beach, which is rather appealing in snowy Montana right now.

My favorite gift may have been a Smartwool beanie hat. It has stripes and color and a tassle, so it has some character! It's a refreshing departure from BLACK ULTRALIGHT FLEECE...and only weighs an ounce more ;)

Brian Crain
(brcrain) - F

Locale: So Cal
Under the tree on 12/27/2013 12:20:42 MST Print View

I got exactly what I asked for - a GG Mariposa :D

Jason Guerricabeitia
(BasqueJ88) - M
Christmas gear on 01/06/2014 19:22:01 MST Print View

My GF bought me a new Arc Blast with goodies: shoulder pocket, load lifters, trekking pole holders and lumbar pad. Winter needs to shove off so I can put it to good use.

I also got a Spyderco Delica 4 and a Fenix PD35, both of which I love so far.

Edited by BasqueJ88 on 01/06/2014 19:24:01 MST.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Christmas gear on 01/07/2014 11:28:50 MST Print View

The important people in my life got MountainGoat Hats -- Thanks, Kat!

Christmas Hats 2013

My wife also got 4 titanium straws for the camper.

I got no gear, because I don't need any new stuff.

Brian Johns
(bcutlerj) - M

Locale: NorCal
Gear, yes; but not for BP pursuits on 01/07/2014 15:23:16 MST Print View

My wife got me a new snowboard (and I quickly updated my bindings and helmet to go with. Got only two days in, and am back in Cali praying for rain, I mean snow. I also scored from the kindness of friends, some fine wool Filson shirts, that could make it on a BP trip some day, but will likely look more at home around town (you know hard to pair with neon, sale priced wind pants/jackets. I also got a tiny thumb operated pepper mill, which might actually make it out on shorter trips where whole birds or T-bones tag along. Not sure, but I know my mother-in-law was thinking of my BP pursuits when she put it in my stocking.

More importantly, and all-in-all everyone had a great year and remain blessed with health, family, and companionship. We are/feel very lucky and grateful.

ROB WHELAN
(THREEPOINT)
Just a little something for my partner on 01/07/2014 15:42:54 MST Print View

After several years of stirring, I bought my partner a Sheewee extreme.

She's still not talking to me, but I'm sure in time she will grow to love it, lol.