Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Podcast: Married to an Adventurer - Coping Strategies for the Front Country
Display Avatars Sort By:
Benjamin Smith
(bugbomb) - F - M

Locale: South Texas
Podcast: Married to an Adventurer - Coping Strategies for the Front Country (Carol Crooker) on 07/10/2007 20:05:02 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Podcast: Married to an Adventurer - Coping Strategies for the Front Country

Edited by bugbomb on 07/10/2007 20:09:18 MDT.

Jonathan Ryan
(Jkrew81) - F - M

Locale: White Mtns
Re: Podcast: Married to an Adventurer - Coping Strategies for the Front Country (Carol Crooker) on 07/11/2007 14:02:00 MDT Print View

Very interesting to hear perspective from the person left at home. I appreciate the information and will keep it in mind every time my girlfriend requests the "I'm Off" and the "Back Safe" text messages before and after my trips.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Podcast: Married to an Adventurer - Coping Strategies for the Front Country (Carol Crooker) on 07/11/2007 14:22:36 MDT Print View

I mean to take a listen to this when I get home. If its good I'll recommend it to my girlfriend. I always feel a little guilty leaving her.

Adam

Michael Crosby
(djjmikie) - MLife

Locale: Ky
Podcast: Married to an Adventurer on 07/11/2007 14:57:56 MDT Print View

After 18 years of marrage my wife looks as foward to my little trips as I do. (is that bad?)

Sara Kavanagh
(kavygirl) - F
Re: Podcast: Married to an Adventurer on 07/12/2007 12:26:51 MDT Print View

I feel that it is good to have a break from each other now and then. It makes you appreciate the person and all that they bring to your life. However, the main point is to communicate with each other and make sure BOTH of you are comfortable with the situation. Thanks, Sara Kavanagh

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Married on 08/05/2007 18:17:27 MDT Print View

Does definately help that you do take these trips without your partner. Makes coming home alot of fun too!!!

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
re Podcast: Married to an Adventurer - Coping Strategies for the Front Country on 08/18/2007 01:56:19 MDT Print View

Can I post an alternate view of the world without disagreeing with anything said in the podcast?
My wife and I go on walks together. We have always done so, from before we were married. (We also rock-climbed together.) There are advantages:
* All the guilt things about leaving someone behind are gone completely
* We know exactly what the other person can handle under almost any conditions
* We can rely on each other to a far greater extent
* Each of us monitors the other's performance and well-being continuously, increasing our combined safety
* We share all our gear: this makes the total weight significantly less
* We sleep snuggled together under a shared quilt arrangement in the cold - this is a LOT warmer than each person being in his/her own tent

Written just after we returned from 3 months mountain-walking together in France. We were even equally exhausted by the end! :-)

jo mo
(jomojo) - F
broken link on 11/02/2011 11:00:21 MDT Print View

The link to the podcast seems to be broken. Does anyone have an updated location or alternate way to listen/read the interview?
Thanks

Zachary Arnold
(zrarnold) - F

Locale: Southern Spain
broken on 11/07/2011 13:46:40 MST Print View

The podcast is not working.. Can we find it somewhere else?