November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Life Lesson #2,347 - Kitchen tip
Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Life Lesson #2,347 - Kitchen tip on 12/17/2013 16:30:56 MST Print View

So I'm sick today, hanging at the house with my pup. I've had a runny nose all day (while a bit of a pain, at least I've stayed hydrated. Let that sink in for a sec. There ya go, makes for a good mind picture, don't you think?......)

Anyway, I like to cook, so I decided I'd try a new recipe I've been wanting to try (yellow pea and sacha inchi chowder - which turned out to be absolutely fabulous, especially for an old man with a cold on a cold, dreary day. Yummmm!). During the preparations I've come up with yet another of the many life lessons I continue to accrue: if you think there's even a slight chance that you're about to sneeze - don't open the silverware drawer. Talk about collateral damage - snot propelled in spray form at high velocity can even get to forks and spoons underneath two other forks/spoons.

Thank goodness I have a dishwasher.

Ken T.
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: All up in there
Re: Life Lesson #2,347 - Kitchen tip on 12/17/2013 16:44:35 MST Print View

"Thank goodness I have a dishwasher."

Too bad they have Mondays off.