Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
DriDucks Weight and Fit
Display Avatars Sort By:
gdinero senior
(gmoney) - F
DriDucks Weight and Fit on 07/09/2007 21:06:27 MDT Print View

For any considering buying a set... I am 5'9" and 160 lbs, 32" waist and 30" inseam, 47 jacket, and generally a medium fit on everything. I ordered a size small and it fits pretty well and I would order the same size again.

The size small, on my digital kitchen scale, weighs 9.2 oz's. The jacket weighs 5.5 oz's and the pants just shy of 4 oz's.

I ordered this set in the past week from gossamer gear.

-G$

gdinero senior
(gmoney) - F
DriDucks in the field on 08/15/2007 11:12:53 MDT Print View

After 3 days of heavy field use, I have one other comment on the pants fit. The crotch isn't long enough. Because of this, the pants end up riding a little low after time, and there is a tendency of an 1" to 1/2" of leg falling under foot as I walk. The overall inseam is the right length, but the crotch just kind of messes it up. And I have a fairly normal sized torso.

The other comment that I might make is that I missed the insulation properties of a real rain jacket when it hailed on me in the DriDucks. You REALLY feel the cold of the ice through the thin material. A quick moving storm caught me by suprise on an exposed ridge, and while I got the Ducks on, I didn't have time to put on any other layers over my t-shirt.

Pamela Wyant
(RiverRunner) - F - M
Size medium weight and fit. on 08/17/2007 01:09:02 MDT Print View

Size medium weight - 6.8 oz jacket, 4.9 oz pants.

The jacket fits me very generously. The pants are generous in the legs, fine in the waist, but not in the hip/seat area. Just trying them on, and squatting down fairly carefully to check fit, the rear seam ripped apart!

gdinero senior
(gmoney) - F
DriDucks for Light Use on 12/13/2007 14:50:53 MST Print View

I brought my DriDucks with me to Costa Rica and wore them excessively during sustained torrential showers for short day hikes up and down short elevations.

Temperature was in the high 70's to high 80's. It was very nice having rain gear this breathable to wear which left me largely comfortable given the conditions.

As annoying as the material can be given durability and sizing, I own nothing better to suit the conditions I often encounter.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
Re: DriDucks in the field on 12/13/2007 21:02:54 MST Print View

The light weight of the DriDucks allows you to wear a lightweight layer underneath for better added warmth compared to a rain jacket for the same weight. But yes, the pants are pretty bad but are easy to fix. And if you screw up modifying, you just go out and but a new pair and use the others as patch material or material for other projects.

I wonder why no one has made any rain flys out of this material.

peter kvamme
(karacolor) - F

Locale: midwest
Re: DriDucks Weight and Fit on 02/29/2008 17:23:41 MST Print View

I just received a set of DriDucks I ordered online.
I am slightly over 6' and 190lbs, and except for sleeve length the medium jacket (5.5oz) fits me pretty good. The sleeves, are at least an inch too short.

Ideally I wear a size medium long so this sizing seems in line with that.
Now I am considering hacking up the pants to extend the jacket sleeve length, my other options are to just wear as is (shouldnt be too much of a problem if my wrists get wet) or buy a larger size but that would probably need taking in.

Brett Tucker
(blister-free) - F

Locale: Puertecito ruins
Re: Re: DriDucks Weight and Fit on 02/29/2008 17:40:39 MST Print View

I'm 6'3", 190lbs, average torso length. The size L jacket is a generous fit, with a butt-covering length - overall, perfect for wearing with a pack, and for layering. (Very long for shorter folks, I'd conjecture.)

The matching L pants, however, are CAVERNOUS in the legs. Three hikers could share these pants for a potato sack race. The waist is actually true to size, so it appears someone in an overseas design room simply has grandiose notions of Westerner's musculature in quads, calves, and hams. It's more comedy than tragedy, as the pants are sort of thrown-in as bonus wear, and I wouldn't normally pack them along anyway. Still, these big boy pants weigh very little, so it may be worth buying another set in medium just to see what happens.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
Re: DriDucks Weight and Fit on 05/19/2008 22:00:42 MDT Print View

lol..