'jump to first unread' missing?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bas Hommes
(BHommes) - M

Locale: Europe
'jump to first unread' missing? on 12/08/2013 12:37:07 MST Print View

I watch nice threads on this forum. I get mails with links if someone posts a new comment. I click on a link and there is the thread and its first post.

I search for a link or button doing 'jump to first unread' or equivalent. I cannot find it. Is it me or is it the forum?

Edited by BHommes on 12/12/2013 00:00:57 MST.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: 'jump to first unread' missing? on 12/08/2013 12:49:53 MST Print View

nm.

(wrong.)

Edited by greg23 on 12/08/2013 12:50:50 MST.

Bas Hommes
(BHommes) - M

reformulated question on 12/12/2013 00:24:47 MST Print View

I reformulated the first post hoping to improve and get reply. English is not my native language.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Re: reformulated question on 12/12/2013 04:07:01 MST Print View

I just type "Ctrl-End" which takes me to the last post. If there is more than one page of posts, first choose "Show All."

James Marco
(jamesdmarco) - MLife

Locale: Finger Lakes
Re: 'jump to first unread' missing? on 12/12/2013 05:53:11 MST Print View

Yeah, it USED to work like that with Internet Explorer. It still does with Firefox or Chrome. But, I need the IE for work.

About two weeks ago it started looping in the script that was supposed to display the message you selected under IE. It fails to display the message selected. I turned a ticket in on it, but, so far, it is still broke.

There are two methodes of selecting messages from the "Recent Posts" list. One (on the left) takes you to the message that was indicated. The other (on the right) takes you to the general top of the list for the subject. As far as I know, there is no selection for the "last posted" message. You can select the last page, and then select the most recent message, though, this is all manual.

I cannot use the Windows default on this forum. The ad blocker also does not work...a major flaw.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: 'jump to first unread' missing? on 12/12/2013 08:51:45 MST Print View

I use IE9

It used to gray out messages I've read, but now doesn't

A couple times it started working again, and then stopped again

Fortunately, this is far down on my list of aggravations : )

Hmmm... maybe my life would be better if it was at the top of my list of aggravations...

Bas Hommes
(BHommes) - M

Re: 'jump to first unread' missing? on 12/18/2013 00:40:45 MST Print View

I will assume 'jump to first unread' (btw not 'jump to last posting') does not exist here.