Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New Hampshire, Maine, VT hiking partner

Display Avatars Sort By:
Wolf's Rain
(WolfsRain) - M
New Hampshire, Maine, VT hiking partner on 12/03/2013 15:08:26 MST Print View

I'm hoping to get out for as many 1 and 2 night weekend hikes as I can through out the winter (or as many as my gear can handle). Anyone interested in exploring? I'm a bit of a backpacking light noob so many of my trips will be gear testing and figuring out what works for me. For a variety of reasons, it would be cool to meet up with someone interested in doing the same. If conditions cooperate, I'd also be looking to get out for some longer trips when I have time off.

Any experience level would be cool with me. And, like I said, many things would be new to me so I would be taking it a bit easy at first getting use to winter camping. I like to move fast and light though and will want to start a peak bagging list so will be moving in that direction.

Edit:

I'll add that I am in MA and NH will probably be my primary destination due to ease of access. Finding some more MA light backpackers would be great for car pooling, etc.

Edited by WolfsRain on 12/03/2013 17:04:59 MST.

Wolf's Rain
(WolfsRain) - M
pics from trip on 12/09/2013 16:22:08 MST Print View

Here is some pictures from this past weekend's overnight in the Pemigewasset Wilderness in the White Mountains. Was a great hike!

Mount Willey
A look up at Mount Willey 4285'

Pemigewasset
The Pemigewasset Wilderness at dawn.

ZealandRidge
Here is Zealand Ridge. I camped about a mile further on the trail down in the notch.

Whitewall Mt
A very crumbly Whitewall Mt. 3405'

Thoreau Falls
Thoreau Falls and what I think is Mount Bond in the background 4698'

Sunrise

Sun rising through the trees with a river crossing ahead. I ended up using the conviently fallen tree you can see to the left.

You Mass. hikers missed a nice trip.

Edited by WolfsRain on 12/09/2013 17:44:45 MST.

Duncan M.
(dmasland) - F

Locale: New England
Pemi on 12/09/2013 16:59:27 MST Print View

Here's the Pemi from South Twin a week later:

pemi from peak of south twin

I'll spend the most of the winter skiing, but feel free to reach out by PM.

Wolf's Rain
(WolfsRain) - M
the future on 12/09/2013 17:16:15 MST Print View

A week later would be next weekend. You packing an ultralight time machine? ;) By this past weekend I meant Dec. 7th and 8th. Were you up there too?

Jake D
(JakeDatc) - F

Locale: Bristol,RI
Re: Pemi on 12/09/2013 17:32:35 MST Print View

if you want a challenge some day go up (or down ) the Zeacliff trail (the fall line can be seen in the pic of Zealand ridge) from ethan pond trail up to Zeacliff.. 1500' or something in 1.2mi.

I went down it and i was glad to have a light overnight pack (willy, field, tom, hale, zealand, zeacliff)

Duncan M.
(dmasland) - F

Locale: New England
Re: the future on 12/09/2013 17:39:50 MST Print View

ha--you're right. getting confused with dates :)