Forum Index » Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014

Display Avatars Sort By:
darrell johnson
(bombay) - MLife

Locale: in the woods
also looking for updated windscreen too on 12/04/2013 07:16:21 MST Print View

I fully understand the priority for new orders, but will order updated windscreen when they are available

J W
(jhaura) - M

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014 on 12/04/2013 17:41:32 MST Print View

Hi guys, individual items are listed for sale now in the store:

550 mL Cookpot (with or without handles)

550 mL Windscreen (with or without cutout for handled cookpot)

550 mL Cuben Fiber Stuffsack

Ti-Wing Stove (notched for 550 mL Cookpot)

Ti Ground Protector / Heat Reflector (for Ti-Wing stove)

Note: windscreen and ground disc are made of slightly thicker ti foil than last year and will get less "wrinkly" and last longer.

ws

Thank you to all who received their orders and posted "stoked" status! Whoot :-)

Edited by jhaura on 12/04/2013 17:44:25 MST.

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
I just got Mine! on 12/04/2013 21:30:06 MST Print View

This looks fantastic! Can't wait to set it up this weekend.

Serge G.
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
brrrr.... on 12/05/2013 06:23:33 MST Print View

@ Gary --Brrrr...the extreme gear testing conditions have continued. I guess when it comes down to it I am not that hardy of a gear tester ;) Though I will be trying to avoid freezing my ass off today 'testing' my backcountry skiing transitions (warmer gloves slow everything down!). Let me know how the esbit test goes though, I am curious about using the esbit for an emergency snow melting kit.

Open question to the community: how winter worthy is esbit? Its listed on the elk mountain grand traverse required gear, but I hadn't heard of people using it in the cold, particularly for melting snow.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: brrrr.... on 12/05/2013 09:30:34 MST Print View

I think it's a great fire starter, especially when dealing with wet/frozen wood. There was one BPL member who messed around with melting snow with Esbit but unfortunately he removed the post. I seem to remember that it's possible but not ideal.