No. The decision was a sum of multiple factors: I wasn't so keen on your evaluation upon further consideration, decided I would rather take my chances in another avenue, and decided even if I can't recoup as much as I'd like, I can give it to my GF if she fits it. The lack of prompt communication was the tipping factor. I was going to give it to you because it IS BPL, despite not being totally thrilled about the price, but since you took your time...
You made an offer then didn't respond until nearly 24 hours later, so unless you were out hiking all the rest of the afternoon, night, morning, I don't see why I have to await your convenience. If you wanted me to consider your offer badly enough, you would have checked back and responded in a timely manner. You made your choice, I made mine. I don't see the cause for snark.
I harbor no ill will against you; it is what it is. I hope you enjoyed your hike.
Edited to add: John, I received your PM, thanks, we'll continue our discussion by email.
Edited to add further: This vest is withdrawn. Turns out the PB vest in M/L is too small for me, and the large SJ fit is not that bad once I fill the volume a little more. If only UD offered the PB vest in the 3 sizes as well....