Forum Index » Gear Swap » Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest - Size Large - Only used once

Display Avatars Sort By:
Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Locale: Bay Area
**Withdrawn** Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest - Size Large - Only used once on 11/17/2013 15:40:39 MST Print View

This is pretty much a brand new Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest, size large. I used it on ONE short trial run today, just see how the fit was. I think I need a smaller size, so I have to sell this one to get the other. UD's return policy applies only to unused items, so I figured I'd post it for sale. You get the pack and bottles, just as I received it.

WITHDRAWN shipped to CONUS via USPS. Paypal preferred, gift or add 3%. This is posted elsewhere too, just fyi.

I'd like to recoup as much of the cost as possible, so if you'd like to take this vest at $125 shipped, I'll include a practically new Leatherman Style CS. Maybe another goody if I find something worthwhile.

Thanks for looking.

Edited to add: This vest is withdrawn. Turns out the PB vest in M/L is too small for me, and the large SJ fit is not that bad once I fill the volume a little more. If only UD offered the PB vest in the 3 sizes as well....

Edited by HikingMano on 11/22/2013 22:46:09 MST.

Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Sweeten the deal on 11/17/2013 16:24:46 MST Print View

info posted in OP

Edited by HikingMano on 11/20/2013 11:47:13 MST.

Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Re: Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest - Size Large - Only used once on 11/18/2013 14:38:39 MST Print View

bump

Edited by HikingMano on 11/19/2013 15:05:58 MST.

Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Price Drop on 11/19/2013 15:06:31 MST Print View

$115 shipped.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest - Size Large - Only used once on 11/19/2013 15:48:02 MST Print View

I'll offer you 80 bucks for it. You can keep the Leatherman Style CS, take out and throw away the bottles so it will be less expensive to ship and fit in a much much smaller package.

Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Re: Re: Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest - Size Large - Only used once on 11/19/2013 16:13:23 MST Print View

Edited:
John, I haven't heard back from you yet, and I've got a few watchers on my ebay auction, so I'm going to pass and take my chances since I'm trying to recoup as much as possible. The thought has also crossed my mind that since I just ordered a PB Vest, I may just give this one to my GF to use, at least until the Vesta vest comes out.

Thanks for the offer.

Edited by HikingMano on 11/20/2013 15:35:22 MST.

Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Still available. on 11/20/2013 12:10:22 MST Print View

This is the last bump from me, sorry folks. The vest is still available. $115 shipped, or take it at $125 and I'll include a Leatherman Style CS and maybe a Mora Clipper if I can find it.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Still available. on 11/20/2013 19:43:30 MST Print View

So, you say yes to my offer, and then back out, all because I am out on a sub24hike and not sitting in front of a computer all day long. Nice to know BPL has turned into a place where you get penalized for actually, oh, I don't know... hiking. lol/giggle.

Anyway, its your gear and your FS and your ebay listing, you can do what you want. Hope your watch list works out for you :)

Russell S
(HikingMano) - F

Re: Re: Still available. on 11/20/2013 21:10:22 MST Print View

No. The decision was a sum of multiple factors: I wasn't so keen on your evaluation upon further consideration, decided I would rather take my chances in another avenue, and decided even if I can't recoup as much as I'd like, I can give it to my GF if she fits it. The lack of prompt communication was the tipping factor. I was going to give it to you because it IS BPL, despite not being totally thrilled about the price, but since you took your time...

You made an offer then didn't respond until nearly 24 hours later, so unless you were out hiking all the rest of the afternoon, night, morning, I don't see why I have to await your convenience. If you wanted me to consider your offer badly enough, you would have checked back and responded in a timely manner. You made your choice, I made mine. I don't see the cause for snark.

I harbor no ill will against you; it is what it is. I hope you enjoyed your hike.

Edited to add: John, I received your PM, thanks, we'll continue our discussion by email.

Edited to add further: This vest is withdrawn. Turns out the PB vest in M/L is too small for me, and the large SJ fit is not that bad once I fill the volume a little more. If only UD offered the PB vest in the 3 sizes as well....

Edited by HikingMano on 11/22/2013 22:45:12 MST.