Site Update!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Site Update! on 11/11/2013 16:33:25 MST Print View

I just did a big overhaul of the Great 2013 Winter Tour blog. I'd love feedback from you guys, since the ultralight bike touring and backpacking forums hold hands so often.

There's a page at the top now with my GEAR LISTS and bike descriptions if you want to see what I'm carrying, and I land in Denver in like 14 hours, so there will be rolling (ha!) updates after that.

Enjoy!

MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Site Update! on 11/11/2013 17:23:44 MST Print View

Max,

I took a quick look and I like what I see so far. Real clean theme. I will read some more when I have time.

One thing, which is a pet peeve of mine -- and others disagree, is long posts that you have to scroll down through to get to the next post. It is especially annoying for me on an iPhone or iPad. In WordPress you can break the post with the Insert More Tag (ALT + SHIFT + T on a Windows machine).

Anyway, good job, young man.!

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Noted on 11/11/2013 19:23:03 MST Print View

Hi Nick,

I'm a Mac guy, but I'll try and figure that functionality out. I'm going for clean and simple.

Cheers,
Max

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Re: Noted on 11/11/2013 19:25:00 MST Print View

There should be a button in the formatting area. I'm just an auto mechanic :)

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Digging It! on 11/11/2013 19:27:40 MST Print View

Particularly enjoyed your post tonight too, Nick. As I'm headed to the desert, it was particularly timely.

Hello, dirt roads!

P.S. Nice thirst pun.

Edit: Found that formatting button. Thanks.

Edited by mdilthey on 11/11/2013 19:31:09 MST.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Re: Digging It! on 11/11/2013 23:45:21 MST Print View

Ah, you busted me on another pun. I thought the picture was pretty good too. I was walking along that road for a while before heading to a place called the Mescal Range. At first I resented the road, but then I saw it in a different perspective and took the picture.

Desert Dweller
(Drusilla)

Locale: Wild Wild West
Site update on 11/12/2013 00:05:49 MST Print View

Really like reading your blog, great stuff!
It's been unseasonably warm down here on the AZ/Mex border, due for some wind tomorrow and a lower temp coming this weekend. High 70's and low 80's, hope you can enjoy some of that soon. Very much looking forward to your future writings.
Happy trails Max!