(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Enough Guys on 11/03/2013 16:41:41 MST Print View

Good answer Tom. I agree.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
PM on 11/03/2013 19:59:38 MST Print View

folks if you have problems with me you can PM me ... i mean that seriously

there is no point about complaining on the forum about civility or other such if people doing personal attacks publicly on a thread that i am not even on

there are plenty of threads with a whole bunch of nastyness over the years which i never even posted on around BPL ... i mean at least a thread or two with someone calling mr jordan "lying jordan" or something or another ...

we can always dig up plenty of threads over the years where people on this thread were involved in many "condescending" attacks on others, threads where i wasnt or was barely involved in ... so theres is quite a bit of the pot calling the kettle black around here

what i do feel bad is mr caffin having to go out and delete all these posts in the middle of the night/morning

so i politely suggest that if you have a problem, PM me ... that way if you are serious about the civility on BPL, youll be keeping all the nastyness off the forums

thanks folks

;)

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
Re: Eric on 11/03/2013 20:29:48 MST Print View

@ David

i took around a 20-30 foot lead fall on the bulletheads in the chief back in June

my foot hit the slab on the way down and resulted in a torn achilles

we basically had to rap off trees and hobble/crawl down a few hundred metres of vertical terrain, fortunately no need to bother SAR as the climb was basically right out of the parking lot

soft tissue injuries are a long healing process unfortunately, but im hoping to be doing moderate short climbing by the new year

thanks for asking
eric

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Eric on 11/04/2013 11:31:41 MST Print View

Eric,

Sorry to hear about your injury and hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 11/04/2013 12:52:34 MST.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Man kills grizzly with...kindness on 11/04/2013 12:36:39 MST Print View

No, really.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: PM on 11/05/2013 17:37:57 MST Print View

I don't see where all the eric hate is from

His experience is more from climbing so it isn't always applicable, but useful to many

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Woman stabs black bear on Northville-Placid Trail on 11/07/2013 08:29:15 MST Print View

http://www.denpubs.com/news/2013/sep/24/woman-stabs-black-bear-northville-placid-trail/

"Despite numerous attempts to frighten them off, the bears continued to follow her. Near Stephens Pond one of the bears approached her closely from behind, feeling threatened she stabbed the bear with a knife."