- I really don't want to carry a pack cover myself, I had just done some research and it seemed that when your pack gets wet it would be even heavier than the 1.2 oz, thus worth carrying. Is that true with ULA bags?
- never heard of polycro, thanks for that suggestion.
-yeah, not sure about carrying the camera and journal. there is a reason they are listed as luxury items.
- I was on a week long trip with my friend in Utah and he **** his pants. So yeah, I think I will take the underwear :)
- yeah, I may just go with the multi tool.
- I really don't want to carry a trowell, so I may just use my ground hogs.
- I have heard the argument against rain pants, but they are so light I figure I will test them on the trail before making my mind up. Also, I think I may convert them into shorts, they only cost me $30, so its not that big of a deal to mod them.
- I probably do not want both the long sleeve and the synthetic. The camp shirt is for me to sleep in (along with the extra underwear). I'd rather not wear stinky clothes to bed.
- The compass is probably less than an ounce actually, has a thermometer which is good just so I can get some satisfaction out of knowing how bloody cold it got the night before, and I have heard that a compass is good on the AT just to make sure you are walking on the right direction if you go off trail and return.
- I imagine I will dump the mylar blanket almost immediately. However I want to take it at first just for peace of mind more than anything, WHAT IF its really really cold.
- I may not use the mesh pocket, cause the thing is, its OUTSIDE of the pack liner. The "wallet" is probably mislabeled, cause its actually just the weight of my ID, credit card, and cash.
- I definitely want the platypus, for just 1.3 oz it carries 2L of water... if I ditch anything it will be one of the plastic 1 L bottles.
- I may not carry camp shoes. I was thinking maybe use plastic baggies as liners to keep your socks dry if you have to walk around camp? I dunno.
- I probably do need to trim my FAK down. Its from REI, been on a trip with me before and never touched.
- Its not an accurate weight on the beanie, I weighed that and the face cover together and couldn't be bothered to re-weigh when I made this list. Their combined weight is accurate.
- I actually do not have the pillow yet. Some of this gear is on my wish list.