Forum Index » Website & Forum Admin/Support » Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
toggle ads (BETA) on 11/01/2013 14:55:21 MDT Print View

toggl

toggleads

Edited by redmonk on 11/01/2013 14:59:54 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: MLife Blue Light Specials on 11/01/2013 15:16:24 MDT Print View

Money. The Great Motivator.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: toggle ads (BETA) on 11/01/2013 15:20:17 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 12/19/2013 21:47:01 MST.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
comedy. on 11/01/2013 15:23:02 MDT Print View

"Free access to the 26-Episode "Ultralight A-Z" Video Series in HD.
Participation in Backpacking Light's strategic planning process.
Access to lifetime Members-only forum for the discussion of overall Backpacking Light business strategy.
Invitations to participate in periodic strategic planning surveys.
Subscription to Ryan Jordan's "MLIFE NEWS" email newsletter, providing updates and changes to BPL's long term strategic plan."

The jokes write themselves.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: toggle ads (BETA) on 11/01/2013 15:40:27 MDT Print View

Interesting. The option hasn't shown up in my drop down menu yet. I imagine it will by tomorrow.

Edit: Ah, the change must have happened while I was logged in. I logged out and back in, and now it's there. So if you don't see the option, log out and then back in. Should be there.

Edited by idester on 11/01/2013 15:41:32 MDT.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife

Locale: www.hikelighter.com
Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/01/2013 16:10:42 MDT Print View

RJ, if you are out there (or whoever your developer is) there is a rather annoying issue with regards to viewing BPL on a mobile device due to the failure of the html to detect browser width and output a specific sized advertisement for those on mobile devices.

ads_mobile

This can be resolved a number of ways, but here is a very easy manner in which to resolve this matter for the vast majority of mobile devices.

+John Abela
HikeLighter.Com
facebook.com/hikelighter
@hikelighter

Edited by JohnAbela on 11/01/2013 16:11:14 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/01/2013 16:54:18 MDT Print View

I'm glad you Mlifers no longer have to miss the ads. So much stuff I needed!
They also add a real touch of class and professionalism to the site's aesthetics.

I've already bought this guy's sunglasses.

This add saved me fifty dollars today.

This one inspired me to pick up some new thigh straps for my Glock holster and a pair of kevlar gloves.

Enjoy!!

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/01/2013 17:06:45 MDT Print View

Thanks Craig. I've been wondering what I've been missing.

Between my virus-filter/security-package and my ad blocker I haven't seen a single ad.

They are quite interesting.
I may have to "allow" just for the entertainment value.

...and I may have finally found my avatar -

Edited by greg23 on 11/01/2013 18:11:40 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/01/2013 18:48:01 MDT Print View

For those of you who don't want to see the ads why not run a free ad block program? They work great. I haven't seen an ad yet.

Unless you need something to complain about.

So simple.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Re: advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/01/2013 19:54:24 MDT Print View

Adblock that mess and be done with it.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/01/2013 20:32:14 MDT Print View

Greg at this point your avatar is part of BPL. They should get rid of that feather mtn mess (or elephant lol) and use your avatar for the logo.

I love that quote

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Sigh on 11/01/2013 20:40:35 MDT Print View

I read bpl. 90% of the time on my phone. I can't get the damn ads hidden in here. This is annoying.

BER ---
(BER) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Adds on 11/01/2013 22:36:06 MDT Print View

Yes, similar to the post above, I use my iPad to access BPL 90% of the time! and though I logged out and logged back in and hit the HIDE ADS on the pull down...they're still there.

And I still don't get any mLife emails.
In one respect I feel cheated by the whole mLife scam and promises broken by Mr. Jordan.
On the other hand, I feel relieved that I will never have to give him more money...until he changes that too...

Edited by BER on 11/01/2013 22:39:25 MDT.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
ads on 11/01/2013 23:23:22 MDT Print View

Fight the system.

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

BER ---
(BER) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Adblock on 11/02/2013 08:19:43 MDT Print View

Doesnt help me with an iPad

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Adblock on 11/02/2013 08:45:48 MDT Print View

"Doesnt help me with an iPad"

Sure it does. There's an Adblock for iOS on the app store. I just downloaded it and installed it on my iPhone 5, seems to work just fine.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/02/2013 09:22:38 MDT Print View

Not sure this qualifies as lightweight, but here's an ad served to me this morning. Talk about a wake up call....

.ad

Curtis B.
(rutilate) - MLife

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/02/2013 10:44:05 MDT Print View

Doug, are you feeling your age?

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/02/2013 11:09:31 MDT Print View

"we dont want young men, we want you" LOL

Ahh its gonna be a good day

Definitely NOT UL... sheesh... heeey, Ladies. Can I fit a bear can in there vertically?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Survey for advertising to be seen by MLifers on 11/02/2013 11:17:18 MDT Print View

Bear can suddenly has a new meaning,

Without us actually seeing the the survey results we have to hope that we are being told the truth.

I wonder how many said yes because they run ad block and this is a non issue for them, like me.