Northern CA female seeks others
Display Avatars Sort By:
cyndy b
(Triskele) - F

Locale: Northern California
Northern CA female seeks others on 06/25/2007 17:57:19 MDT Print View

Hi there -

I live in the Bay Area, and I'm looking for other women to go backpacking with. I'm very strongly preferential to women for company. I live with my boyfriend who does not backpack, and, well, you can figure out the rest of the logic, there!

I'm a fit 40 yo, but I do backpack at a slow pace; I like to take my time and take 'it all' in. (In other words, not a peakbagger). I tend to take the path less traveled. Like to get to know my traveling companions; I talk but don't yak incessantly :)

Please email me if you are interested in planning something. Thanks!

Steven Nelson
(slnsf) - MLife

Nothern CA Hiking Group online on 06/25/2007 21:24:36 MDT Print View

Cynthia - try the following group - very active (one or more trips every weekend), with members in the Bay Area, Petaluma, Sacramento and Sierra Foothills:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northca_hiking/

As may women as men, and sometimes woman-only trips.

cyndy b
(Triskele) - F

Re: Nothern CA Hiking Group online on 06/25/2007 21:34:41 MDT Print View

Thank you, Stephan - I'd not known about that group! I'm not opposed at all to a 'mixed' group, so long as it's a fairly small group.

-Cyndy

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/25/2007 21:55:32 MDT Print View

Hello central CA hikers. If you ever get up here to the northern part of our state I would love to go hiking! I live in Humboldt county and have not found any light minded hikers to go with up here and the wife gets stressed when I go by myself. You guys from the Bay Area crack us up conveniently forgetting the other 400 miles or so still left north of you. Come on San Fran is even on the south side of the bay, and isn't Sacramento still considered central CA? I too am forty and love the trails less traveled. So come north and let's go!

cyndy b
(Triskele) - F

Re: Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/25/2007 22:18:34 MDT Print View

I for one do NOT forget about the 'real' Northern California. I happen to be quite fond of Marble Mountain wilderness... is that far enough North for ya? :) I've also been eyeing the Siskiyous (sp) near the Oregon border. Not been backpacking up there yet, though.

Gee, if we could convince one or two others to come along, I'd make the drive up your way, Ken.

-Cyndy

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/25/2007 22:43:16 MDT Print View

Bless you Cindy! Come on there must be someone else DOWN THERE too:)Haven't had a chance to get to the Siskiyous yet either. Getting over a torn knee ligament (my christmas gift to myself) , but now rearing to go.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/26/2007 10:38:05 MDT Print View

Also open to some hikers joining me too. I live in Scotts Valley which is 15 minutes west of San Jose (well Los Gatos really) and 10 minutes from Santa Cruz. Love the Sierra's and I need some companions!!!! I am 43 and love to cruise and hike anywhere from 8 miles to 16 or so a day. Any takers?

Steven Nelson
(slnsf) - MLife

Re: Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/26/2007 12:48:19 MDT Print View

Ken Thompson - that's just where the members live; we spend time backpacking all over the state. Shasta, Lassen and the Lost Coast are all recent trips in addition to tons throughout the central Sierra.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/26/2007 19:02:53 MDT Print View

Steve what's your point? I say if you live in the Bay Area it's central CA. Look at a map. I just like to point it out, and give you all a hard time with fun in mind, since those from San Fran. like to think of themselves as northern Californians. I don't want to pi-ss anyone off, but we seem to be forgotten up here at times and it hurts:) Enough said on this topic. Don't want to frustrate Cindy. I still want to go hiking, but the wife wants me to find a partner.

Steven Nelson
(slnsf) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Northern CA female seeks others on 06/26/2007 22:29:57 MDT Print View

Hey, join the group and come along on the trips, then!