Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: the clymb credit and gift certificate,

Display Avatars Sort By:
SPAM
(jon4drill) - F
FS: the clymb credit and gift certificate, (SOLD) on 10/22/2013 21:52:28 MDT Print View

months ago I bought a few items at the clymb,
because they do not provide international shipping services, I tried using forwardiing services, but they provide expensive cost to ship to my country, and that's not including taxes, so I chose to return the goods at the store, but they refund my money as credit.
currently i have $370 lifetime credit, and $250 gift certificate,here some screen shot

EDIT by BPL: the gift cards are reported as being bought with a stolen or forged credit card.

i just merge the gift certificate to my account, so now my account have $620 credit in total,

price
SOLD

via paypal
if you buy all credit,
i'll lend you my account just to order,

if you want some credit,
just tell me your order, and address, once it get shipping confirmation,you sent me payment + shipping fee,

SOLD

contact me at deleted

Edited by rcaffin on 11/03/2013 16:28:18 MST.

Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Email Sent on 10/22/2013 22:21:06 MDT Print View

EDIT: Withdrawn - Still available.

Edited by mak52580 on 10/22/2013 23:52:53 MDT.

Derek Weeks
(Lighting12) - MLife
. on 10/23/2013 21:32:15 MDT Print View

Edited by Lighting12 on 10/24/2013 09:23:43 MDT.

SPAM
(jon4drill) - F
price lowered on 10/26/2013 23:48:00 MDT Print View

price lowered

Jonathan Chin
(JonRC) - F - M

Locale: Northwoods
I'll bite. on 10/27/2013 00:55:05 MDT Print View

Email sent.

SPAM
(jon4drill) - F
Re: I'll bite. on 10/27/2013 01:39:48 MDT Print View

SOLD

Jonathan,
Sorry, you didnt give me confirmation.

K C
(KalebC) - F

Locale: South West
Email sent on 10/27/2013 01:42:40 MDT Print View

Email sent earlier this evening

Kaleb

Taylor Reynolds
(TheClymbCS) - F
Please do not Purchase these Gift Cards on 11/02/2013 15:08:12 MDT Print View

Hello BPL Members, The gift cards being advertised on this thread were obtained using stolen credit card information. The Clymb is working with BPL to have this posting removed, but in the meantime please do not purchase these gift cards. The credit is not valid on our site. The existing codes have been deactivated, and the credit removed. If you were impacted by this scam please contact our customer service team at 877.464.6936.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Please do not Purchase these Gift Cards on 11/02/2013 17:00:05 MDT Print View

Hello Taylor

If you have not discussed this with Ryan Jordon yet, could you please email me.

Cheers
roger@backpackinglight.com
Online Community Monitor
Backpacking Light

SPAM
(jon4drill) - F
Re: Please do not Purchase these Gift Cards on 11/02/2013 18:04:30 MDT Print View

hi, i dont know about this?
i just sell the credit card that i get,
that not mine,

Philip Kovacik
(mountainjam)

Locale: Bay Area
How predictable. on 11/02/2013 18:15:42 MDT Print View

Called it!

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Please do not Purchase these Gift Cards on 11/02/2013 18:34:20 MDT Print View

You sold te credit card you had and it wasn't yours?

Well that seems pretty cut and dry

Jonathan Chin
(JonRC) - F - M

Locale: Northwoods
Me too. on 11/03/2013 00:29:21 MDT Print View

Unfortunately, I also purchased a "Gear Certificate" that was also revoked by The Clymb. I've filed a PayPal dispute and requested an update from The Clymb on the situation, but would like to keep this (or another) thread open to share information & updates.

Taylor Reynolds
(TheClymbCS) - F
Re: Re: Please do not Purchase these Gift Cards on 11/03/2013 09:47:13 MST Print View

Hello Roger, I have sent an email with additional details to you.

Jonathan, you may reach out to me directly, and I am happy to assist in any way I can, Taylor@theclymb.com.

dave e
(hipass) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
new account,1 post ,cant spell his name-John,selling items? on 11/03/2013 13:32:39 MST Print View

yeah i have never heard of that ever turning out well.Im sure it can and has somewhere in the universe...maybe.There were too many flags the buyer ignored.
When a person doesnt know how to spell their own name (is it jon or jonh or john?)that is big scam flag from foreign scammer trying to act all Western.

PS as a bonus,this douche has also posted some web link url for all u to get a virus!Ah,the gift that keeps on giving.I wonder if the h in 'jonh' is for hacker?

Edited by hipass on 11/03/2013 14:50:32 MST.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Executive action on 11/03/2013 16:30:06 MST Print View

The gift cards were apparently bought using a stolen or forged credit card.
jonh's account has been marked as a spammer.

Cheers
Roger Caffin
Online Community Monitor
Backpacking Light

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
RE: Executive action on 11/04/2013 10:51:37 MST Print View

Thanks to Roger for taking action as soon as he found out about this!

I remember another thread linked to this seller, where someone (maybe Max) warned about it being a potential scam, and many, many people jumped down his throat. Frankly, I would never buy a gift card from someone I don't know REALLY well -- it's just too easy to defraud, and by the time the buyer finds out, it's too late.

Perhaps we should have a "no gift card resales" policy on GearSwap... while there have been honest sellers of such cards, it's not really what GearSwap is there for, and the risks to buyers are higher than usual. Just a thought; please don't jump down my throat! :-)

dave e
(hipass) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
Perhaps we should have a "no gift card resales" policy on 11/10/2013 00:54:15 MST Print View

no,why punish all for the few bad apples?there are plenty more honest buyers and sellers than flakes.There were plenty of red flags that were ignored on this one.