Tea Party Haters
Display Avatars Sort By:
Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: Re: Huh on 10/22/2013 15:39:23 MDT Print View

Does the TP have any African Americans or Hispanics in its membership?

This is the determining factor of a racist organization?

But...The answer to your question is yes, both. (Insert your own offensive racist Blazing Saddles line here... I would but not on this forum. Too many of the smart people wouldn't get it I'm afraid)

to Scott Jones. Your evidence is underwhelming. Stupid, really? It's ok to not know. My BS meter went straight to red when I started reading your post. Maybe it was meant to be entertaining. It was regardless.

Edited by BFThorp on 10/22/2013 16:09:20 MDT.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Local platform, oppose environmentally destructive under utilization of public lands! on 10/22/2013 15:49:29 MDT Print View

The Tea Party people I know say some pretty extreme things, though they are not listed on the TP platform. They vote with the GOP.

Here is the local Republican Platform with some outtakes.

http://www.stevenscountyrepublicans.com/county-platform/

2.1 Complete control of public education should be at the local level through elected school boards.

2.3 State Education funding should not be garnered from property taxes, but by revenue generated from state lands and assets – such as natural resource income.

3.4 We oppose lifestyle orientation and sensitivity training in our schools.

4.2 We categorically reject the implementation of government mandated, socialized healthcare in any form. (LIke Medicare ?).

6.5 We believe that court cases involving public lands, environmental policy enforcement and water rights conflicts should only be heard in the local jurisdiction where such public land is situated.

6.6 We support a policy of reduction of federal and state holdings of lands and assets, and oppose the establishment of United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Biosphere Reserves on American soil, Agenda 21, the Yukon to Yellowstone buffer zones, or any other international or domestic plan designed or leading to the impairing of private property rights or the environmentally destructive under utilization of public lands. (Environmentally destructive under utilization?)

6.9 We question the accuracy of the information used to suggest man-made Climate Change and reject any and all attempts to use this as an excuse to levy taxes or regulate business through a State or Federal program, including “Cap and Trade”.

6.10 We are opposed to the Washington Wolf Plan. Washington should have no wolves and wolves should not be listed as a state endangered species.

7.6 --Children born in the United States to persons who illegally enter or reside in the United States should not be granted the rights, benefits and privileges of citizenship.

Edited by oware on 10/22/2013 15:52:04 MDT.

David Olsen
(oware)

TEA PARTY LOCALS--Chem Trails and the EMP on 10/22/2013 16:08:27 MDT Print View

"Shutdown Is “A Trojan Horse” – Get Ready For Major Emp Attack On American Soil & Much Worse – The Perfect Storm Is Here

AFTER TWO YEARS OF NON-STOP CHEMTRAILS THERE ARE NONE – PREP IS COMPLETE

From putting together the pieces, the primary purpose of the shutdown is to drop U.S. Defenses to invasion from outside forces. That can be easily substantiated by examining what services are stopped which should never…ever be stopped as they protect the United States from advanced forces as well as tracking major troop movements. "

http://www.stevenscountyassembly.com/blog-entry/development-watch/shutdown-“-trojan-horse”-–-get-ready-major-emp-attack-american-soil

and

"SHERIFF: This Land is Our Land, Feds Have No Jurisdiction!"

http://www.stevenscountyassembly.com/blog-entry/county-government/sheriff-land-our-land-feds-have-no-jurisdiction

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 16:14:38 MDT Print View

"The photo that is. Pun intended.

It took Superman to decimate the KKK.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/23157/how-superman-defeated-ku-klux-klan"

Make light (pun intended) of it all you want, David, but the truth is that burning cross picture was from a Democratic Liberal. And the Tea Party are the racists here? Talk about hypocrisy!

Matt

Edited by bigfoot2 on 10/22/2013 16:17:35 MDT.

Dean L
(AldoLeopold) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
Re: Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 16:16:48 MDT Print View

Matt

Some had called for examples of tea party racism. I pointed some out.

Where did I ever say that racism only only exists in the TP. I did not.

I believe also that you are articulate enough to know that the Democratic and Republican parties of 1865 has little resemblance to their modern counterparts. Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and even Eisenhower would likely be considered democrats by todays standards. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who started the klan was a confederate officer who murdered surrendering black troops at Ft. Pillow during the CW, but I'm sure you knew that.

David Olsen
(oware)

Re: Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 16:27:40 MDT Print View

It was inflammatory. That is not making light of it, however embarrassing the hell out of the KKK in front of their kids was very effective and funny too. Truth, justice and the American Way of LIfe.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 16:29:26 MDT Print View

" Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and even Eisenhower would likely be considered democrats by todays standards"

I disagree, Dean. I believe they'd be staunch conservatives (especially Teddy), bordering on Libertarian...just like JFK would :) That's in today's world, knowing what we know now, but having the same life experiences they did then. Kind of a moot exercise, but oh, well.

Matt

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 16:35:07 MDT Print View

And since we're talking my favorite President, ever......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxf9eYWiaM

Matt

teddy

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 16:53:18 MDT Print View

"but the truth is that burning cross picture was from a Democratic Liberal"

LBJ pushed through civil rights legislation

the Southern Democrats voted against it, but there were a lot of Republicans that voted for it to make up for them. I believe a minority of Democrats but a majority of Republicans voted for civil rights.

LBK talked about loosing the South for many years but he though passing civil rights legislation was worth it

Those Southern Democrats all switched over to the Republican party

So, do those politicians count as Democrats or Republicans? They were Democrats when they voted against civil rights but now they're Republicans.

This is one of those "facts" that partisan right wingers throw out that are misleading at best

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Re: Huh on 10/22/2013 17:03:15 MDT Print View

"Does the TP have any African Americans or Hispanics in its membership?"

Yes, I even recall seeing an African American man speaking at a Tea Party rally to a cheering crowd.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Re: Huh on 10/22/2013 17:10:41 MDT Print View

"Yes, I even recall seeing an African American man speaking at a Tea Party rally to a cheering crowd."

I don't suppose you'd have a link to that event?

Do you have any more examples, or does the exception prove the rule?

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh on 10/22/2013 17:13:20 MDT Print View

there's Rubio and Cruz

but the fact that their Mexican's almost makes those TPers heads explode

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Huh on 10/22/2013 17:14:11 MDT Print View

"Yes, I even recall seeing an African American man speaking at a Tea Party rally to a cheering crowd."

Was he telling them he was going to Africa?

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Re: Huh on 10/22/2013 17:24:31 MDT Print View

"This is the determining factor of a racist organization?"

It's a logical place to start.

"But...The answer to your question is yes, both. (Insert your own offensive racist Blazing Saddles line here."

Sources?

"I would but not on this forum. Too many of the smart people wouldn't get it I'm afraid)"

BPL is fortunate to have you here to keep the smart people from getting uppity.

Luv ya, Fred. :)

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Racism on 10/22/2013 17:39:01 MDT Print View

I don't care for the Tea Party.
Arguing the racist or not racist card boils it down to the minimum common denominator.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 18:29:56 MDT Print View

The leaderless, vague nature of the "Tea Party" certainly seems to serve it well. If any self-described member embarrasses anyone publicly, then they weren't really a real member and it's easy to distance oneself. So it ends up becoming a general framework that just about anyone can readily latch onto and co-opt for just about any pet cause that slightly aligns. The same can be said for the "Occupy" movement.

Like so many movements, the whole thing reeks of fascism. All the basic parts are there.

We've got oaths and oath keepers, a strong desire to return to tradition and a strong reverence for history (regressive tendencies and historical nostalgia). There are flags and symbols (Don't Tread On Me) and the elevation of documents to near religious stature (Free pocket Constitutions from the Heritage Foundation to carry and memorize and the infallible enshrining of the "Founding Fathers"and the likes). Finally, and perhaps most importantly, is the creation of a boogeyman/common enemy that is simultaneously within and without, constantly threatening to destroy our very way of life, as evidenced by Tea Party sites espousing the maintenance of "Judeo-Christian" values, "family values", maintaining English as the "official" language of our country, and a hard-line stance on borders and immigration, both legal and otherwise.

Edit: Fascism is probably the wrong word to use here, as it's pretty vague. Probably more accurate in my mind to characterize it as regressive and conformist.

Edited by xnomanx on 10/22/2013 18:53:57 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 18:46:02 MDT Print View

I have two copies of contitution in paper - one from ACLU and the other from Heritage

One thing about Tea Party is since their not in control, they don't have to resolve any differences, they agree that they're against the Democrats or whatever

Hypothetically, if they did get into power, then their differences would come to surface

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 18:47:28 MDT Print View

"This is one of those "facts" that partisan right wingers throw out that are misleading at best"

Same can be said of Liberal "facts", Jerry :)

Matt

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 18:56:58 MDT Print View

Yeah...whatever, guys.

tea

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Tea Party Haters on 10/22/2013 19:01:54 MDT Print View

Your point would be better understood if 1/3 of the people in that painting didn't own a few hundred slaves.