(B14) - M

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns
nice! on 10/31/2013 13:53:23 MDT Print View

enjoying Yosemite...without the crowds
yes its doable!
kudos.

also
having seen stretches, incl many headwaters, of most of those streams
...i still find it hard to beat the remote high-elev environs of the Kern river headwaters.

a wonderful lower-elev stream is the Clavey...although i fear much of it was scorched by the fire.

Andy Duncan
(bluewater) - M

Locale: SoCal
Re: Shoulder Season in Yosemite on 11/06/2013 17:04:45 MST Print View

Thanks for your TR and photos, man this makes me want to get back out there this weekend! (I missed this when you originally posted, I was on a shoulder season trip). "Three more trips (Nov, Dec, Jan) and I'll have finished my project to visit the Sierra every month for a year". . . I can't think of a more satisfying goal to complete.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Shoulder Season in Yosemite on 11/06/2013 17:56:06 MST Print View

That is a great accomplishment Andy considering are busy lives these day! Keep it going!! Hope to see you at the GGG in January.

Andrew F
(andrew.f) - F - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Shoulder Season in Yosemite on 11/06/2013 18:59:03 MST Print View

I was in the park again this last weekend to tick off November (went up to Merced Lake) and it was still beautiful... a little cold in the shade during the day but only 34F at night at 7000 feet. I would've posted another TR but I forgot the memory card for my camera. Doh.

Andy, don't hesitate to PM me if you want a partner for any more snowshoeing adventures this winter... I gotta find something to do in December... :)

Jay, Ellen and I will be at GGG again this year. Looking forward to it!