Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Looking for Great Lightweight Travel Pants
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Holmes
(pastyj) - F

Locale: North Central Florida
Prana Zion Stretch pants (NOT convertible) on 10/18/2013 06:43:10 MDT Print View

I have 2 pair and actually wear them to work. LOVE them. Admittedly, my workplace's dress code is (thankfully) fairly casual, but I have had several people comment on how much they like the pants, without anyone ever asking if they were "hiking pants" :)

Only negative is that they only come in 3 colors and I really do not like the brown.

I personally hate convertibles of any brand, so cannot comment on that variation of the Zions.

Jacob Linton
(gardenhead) - F

Locale: Western NC
Montbell on 10/18/2013 08:35:41 MDT Print View

I'm a pretty lanky fellow, 28x32 slim fit jeans. They don't look like normal pants, but I love Montbell stretch windpants. They don't make them anymore, but I stockpiled a few pair and they seem to last forever. The only other Montbell pants I've tried are the UL windpants, so I can't comment on their khaki looking outdoorsy pants.
Maybe keep an eye out.

Stephen Komae
(skomae) - MLife

Locale: northeastern US
new pants for Max on 10/18/2013 09:37:01 MDT Print View

Max, you're in my home territory!

I think you should check out the Patagonia Rock Craft pants. The Patagonia Meatpacking store on 14th will probably have them.

The other good ones I like are the Prana Zion Stretch, which REI in SoHo should have in stock.

If they need not be khaki, the REI Acme Pants have been a long time favorite with me. I think they are discontinued this year but the Mistral pants are nearly identical save for the Schoeller Dryskin Extreme softshell fabric.

Finally, Paragon Sports is always a good place to drop by: they have a great selection of stuff and occasionally awesome sale prices.

Edited by skomae on 10/18/2013 09:38:06 MDT.

Maris L
(Ablaut) - M
Tent & Trails on 10/18/2013 10:00:30 MDT Print View

If you'll still be looking while in NYC, check out Tent & Trails by Church St/Park Pl. Their selection of pants on sale was great last time I was there, picked up a pair of long, slim, simple looking Millet pants that I need for use similar to yours.

Richard Fischel
(RICKO) - F
good call on the mistrals from rei on 10/18/2013 10:14:07 MDT Print View

i think they have a broader wear range compared to the acme pants which are made of a heavier fabric.

Lee Oz
(LeeOz) - F

Locale: NY
Arc'teryx on 10/18/2013 12:25:49 MDT Print View

Palisade (older model, 4 zipped pockets, pricey if new) or like said above Rampart models. Lightweight, comfortable and durable if taken care of. Geartrade has them sometimes and the Ramparts don't go for a lot on ebay.

Danton Rice
(drice) - M

Locale: Bozeman
+1 on Gamma LT's also take a look at Nau on 10/18/2013 12:32:13 MDT Print View

I'm also a big fan of the Gamma LT's although they can look a little techie. For a little more normal looking, try the Nau Motil Pant (also comes in very low key cargo). The pant fits very slim, cargo more like a pair of Levi 501s.

dave e
(hipass) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
arcteryx rampart pants on 10/20/2013 11:42:24 MDT Print View

arcteryx rampart pants are great,light great fit/not baggy at all(im slim as well)...they are pretty stylish but simple,casual...pretty costly as well= 60$ on ebay...

Edited by hipass on 10/20/2013 11:53:14 MDT.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
prana on 10/20/2013 15:28:10 MDT Print View

the Prana zions are awesome, I have the pants and shorts, I use the shorts more, in everyday life too.

Daniel Collins
(Diablo-V)

Locale: Orlando FL
Railriders on 10/20/2013 19:29:44 MDT Print View

Railriders adventure pants.
They are not too baggy and they have velcro ankle closures so you can wear the ankles cinched or not.
They have lots of pockets including zipper pockets.
They are comfortable and durable, wash easily and dry fast.
100 percent supplex nylon.
My only issue is the lack of availability in black and dark blue.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Looking for Great Lightweight Travel Pants on 10/20/2013 20:37:01 MDT Print View

Just go to any sporting goods store, REI, TJ Max, Ross, Goodwill, etc.

Pick something off the rack.

Try them on for fit.

Repeat until you find something that fits they way you want and fits your budget.

Not rocket science.

Thaddaeus Wharton
(Thadjw) - MLife
Prams are nice. on 10/21/2013 04:55:18 MDT Print View

Could be lighter but they're great.