Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Best one pound sleeping bag?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Valentin Zill
(Valentin.Zill) - F

Locale: Europe
Re: Re: Re. Best one pound sleeping bag on 06/24/2007 05:42:54 MDT Print View

The Yeti V.I.B. 250 bag is still available at www.globetrotter.de , even in a new 2007 version. Website is in german language only. Contact me if you need help.
I once had this bag, it's very flimsy, and a Nunatak Arc Edge keeps you warmer.

I'd suggest either a Nunatak Arc Ghost or Arc Alpinist, depending on the temps you're gonna encounter.

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: Best one pound sleeping bag? on 06/24/2007 13:43:02 MDT Print View

The WM POD 30 is by far the warmest 1 pound bag you will find. It just needs some minor modifications to fit the sleeping mat of your choice...

David Stenberg
(dstenberg1) - F

Locale: South
Re: Re: Best one pound sleeping bag? on 06/24/2007 14:59:26 MDT Print View

---warning shameless plug to follow---

Yes I happen to be selling a Pod 30 right now in the gear swap section if anyone's intersted.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: Best one pound sleeping bag? on 06/24/2007 18:49:50 MDT Print View

That is soooooo tempting. If I was going to build a bag/quilt, that is the design I would follow. I think a top bag with a captive pad would help with my thrashing ways.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: quilt demo on 06/24/2007 20:48:41 MDT Print View

Lindsey Gay wrote "Dear Dale, If you would like to try a quilt with no strings attached, you are welcome to borrow my 28 degree Ray-Way quilt for an outing. It should fit to 6 feet, although cut a bit narrow...."

Thanks so much for your offer-- I'm just a couple miles from the UW. I wouldn't need to borrow it, but I could ask you a couple dozen questions--- is your quilt down or synthetic? Did you make it yourself? What was the cost?

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Locale: Midwest US
Re: Best one pound sleeping bag? on 06/24/2007 21:01:10 MDT Print View

I have the Marmot Pounder Plus... I use it on Kayak trips. I don't know about that 54 degree rating I think someone posted... I would swear I have slept in it on colder nights than that with no problem. That said, I totally agree that Marmot is too generous with their bag ratings. That is NOT a 25 degree sleeping bag.

I have never carried it on a backpacking trip.

I do use it on trips with the Boy Scouts (car camping basically).

Dondo .
(Dondo) - F

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Re: Best one pound sleeping bag? on 06/25/2007 07:02:41 MDT Print View

James,

I was referring to the Pounder, not the 2 lb.,2 oz Pounder Plus. The Pounder Plus gets a EN 13537 lower limit rating of 36F. If you go to Marmot.de you can find the EN13537 ratings for many of the Marmot bags.