November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
mld spirit38 as an U/Q
Display Avatars Sort By:
b willi jones
(mrjones) - F

Locale: NZ,,, best place in the world !?
mld spirit38 as an U/Q on 10/14/2013 04:10:29 MDT Print View

does anyone out there use one of these as an under quilt? or would i be better to get a purpose made hammock u/q, maybe in 3/4 length?

the thing is, i have katabatic top bag, and an mld spirit38 quilt that i use on different outings while ground sleeping, depending on the trip. i have a warbonnet hammock on the way, and was looking to utilize the gear i already have and was wondering how well this would work.

thanks for any advice.

b w j

Edited by mrjones on 10/14/2013 04:11:49 MDT.

Chris Valery
(fortran42) - F

Locale: Western North Carolina
Spirit as UQ on 10/14/2013 06:10:26 MDT Print View

I see the Spirit has corner pulls for use as UQ But no Side channels for shock 15-18oz it will likely sag in the center without full length channels down the sides...That said give it a try first and see...Torso length UQs work ok W/O side channels as long as they are under 1 LB..beyond that they tend to sag a bit.

b willi jones
(mrjones) - F

Locale: NZ,,, best place in the world !?
Re: Spirit as UQ on 10/18/2013 01:58:23 MDT Print View

thanks for the reply... i have since ordered a synthetic u/q from Enlightened Equipment, which will leave me with synthetic/down options for the top quilt.