November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Heineken Pot Lid with Sipper
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Heineken Pot Lid with Sipper on 06/22/2007 13:04:03 MDT Print View

I tried the lid off of a childs drinking cup as a lid for the Heineken Pot. I worked just fine. No more burned lips, maybe, hav'nt tried it with hot water yet. Will let you know more when I try it with HOT water.

Heineken pot lid
Heineken pot lid

Edited by zelph on 06/25/2007 11:19:37 MDT.

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
That's wrong.... definitely wrong... on 06/22/2007 14:41:56 MDT Print View

;) I'm not sure yet if it's extremely wrong, or just a little wrong... regardless... it's wrong... :D

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
Tippy Heine Cup on 06/22/2007 15:18:23 MDT Print View

So wrong it's cool. Direct this to backpacking parents, especially Doug Johnson. :-)>

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Re: Tippy Heine Cup on 06/24/2007 19:10:21 MDT Print View

The kid'll sleep like the proverbial baby.

Dondo .

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Heineken Pot Lid with Sipper on 06/24/2007 20:09:32 MDT Print View

I agree with the other posters. That is so wrong. Parents should never encourage their children to drink cheap beer. At least have the decency to replace the Heiny swill with a good IPA.

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Locale: Midwest US
Re: Heineken Pot Lid with Sipper on 06/24/2007 20:58:24 MDT Print View

That's great... really cool. I will say that you might have to drill a hole in the lid on the opposite end from the moutpiece. If you drink hot water without a way to relieve the pressure, the water may shoot out the mouthpiece when you try to drink from it. Just look coffee cups from gas stations/McDonalds/etc.

That Ultralight Outfitters ESBIT stove comes with a silicone "rubber band" that fits around the mouth of the beer can. It works well to prevent burnt lips. I have never found a source for those bands but have meant to ask the stove vendor. I wonder if one could be found that would fit your beer can?

Another neat plus might be a piece of neoprene to insulate the cup (integrated pot cozy/insulator). Just a thought.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Tippy Heine Cup on 06/24/2007 20:59:38 MDT Print View

I seem to recall something like that from my childhood. But it was rum and coke instead of nasty beer.
That's a slight exaggeration, I never had my own cup, but I did get a sip of dad's if I asked. I suppose they start you pretty early if you're German and Catholic...

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

coffee cup sipper on 06/25/2007 11:16:50 MDT Print View

I should not have told you guys where I got it from. I should have said I found it at one of the local coffee shops while trying to sober up and forgot which coffee shop I was at.

I did boil 2 cups of water in the pot with the lid on and let it boil for 1 1/2 min. The plastic did get a tad softer but still remainded leak proof when tipped on it's side. I let it cool off a little and sipped on some really hot water without burning my lips.

It's dual purpose!!!! Pot Lid and Lip Protector.

Getem at your local coffee shop.

Dondo .

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: coffee cup sipper on 06/25/2007 21:19:45 MDT Print View

Hi Dan,

Despite my weisenheimer remark, I really think you came up with a great idea. I was debating whether or not to take my Heineken pot on my next trip and your Sippy cup idea tipped me over the edge. Is there any particular Sippy cup I should look for or is there a standard size?

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Re: Re: coffee cup sipper on 06/26/2007 08:07:58 MDT Print View

The name on the bottom of the cup is luv n' care, 7 oz./207ml.

I'm not aware if there is a standard. This is the one I use for breakfast juice ; )

My wife said she bought them at Kmart in the baby dept.(2 years ago)

Edited by zelph on 06/26/2007 08:08:53 MDT.