Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Alpinist, 20* down bag, size small

Display Avatars Sort By:
D S
(onthecouchagain) - MLife

Locale: Sunny SoCal
FS: Nunatak Alpinist, 20* down bag, size small **SOLD** on 10/11/2013 11:19:10 MDT Print View

The color is brick red, the material is 1.0 Quantum. It weighs 22.4 ounces. Bought on BPL from another member--he tried it once indoors (too small for him), my wife used it on one overnight car camping tent trip. Bag is in perfect condition, no stains, snags, repairs, smells etc....loft is very good (no bath needed here).

PayPal personal or add 4%, your choice **SOLD**

Edited by onthecouchagain on 10/13/2013 18:43:25 MDT.

D S

Nunatak Alpinist 20* price drop on 10/12/2013 11:15:12 MDT Print View

price drop

stephen al-hakim
(stephen.alhakim)

Locale: Metro Detroit
Re: Nunatak Alpinist 20* price drop on 10/12/2013 12:35:53 MDT Print View

pm sent.

D S

responding to a large variety of questions.... on 10/13/2013 15:46:45 MDT Print View

Here goes:

1. History of: once upon a time there was a guy who bought it from another guy who bought it from another guy....that's all I know (me being the third guy in the story)

2. Quality of: excellent condition, nice loft, no repairs, zipper works perfectly, no visible damage of any kind, no funky smells....it is in very good shape, obviously used very little since its' birth.

3. type of down: from a goose, other than than, not sure (check on Nunatak website for specifics)

4. rating: my wife only used it one time, in a tent, in summer...not much help here. All four of my other Nunatak bags I have owned seem to be right on with their stated ratings----and I have around 70 nights total from 18* to 65* in those bags.

5. why sell it you say: our big trip to section hike the JMT got nixed with the rim fire this year....no plans next year to re-visit the JMT so bag is no longer needed, she has a nice 30-40* quilt to use for car camping or summer fun at lower elevations.

6. any extras?: nope, just the bag...no stuff sack or storage bag came with it to me, so it leaves the same way.

7. will I take $150.00 for it----#@!# NO!

now the disclaimer from the legal department; this is a used item, not new...if you want to spend $458.00 plus shipping, you can have a new one. I have bought and sold on gear swap for many, many, many years and have always made my customers happy, have had very good experiences for the most part (only once having the irrational rather unstable being to deal with).

of course this is done tongue and cheek people, please have a sense of humor or just pass on it and wait for something else...it is a real nice bag, in real nice condtion, at a real nice price.

KEN LARSON
(KENLARSON) - MLife

Locale: Western Michigan
****PRICE DROP**** on 10/13/2013 16:29:02 MDT Print View

PRICE DROP??

mass panini
(ripwaverly) - F

Locale: oregon
My turn on 10/13/2013 16:48:48 MDT Print View

I'll give it a shot

D S

hey Ken.... on 10/13/2013 18:22:06 MDT Print View

Yes, price drop....see the bottom of the post...it says "edited on"..the OP was $265.00, then I edited the price to $249.00...hence "price drop."

Edited by onthecouchagain on 10/13/2013 18:22:36 MDT.

D S

GONE! on 10/13/2013 18:44:07 MDT Print View

Sold to the man in Oregon with the awesome football team!

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Locale: Hopefully on the Trail
Happy with purchases on 10/13/2013 22:09:17 MDT Print View

I've always been happy in my purchases from the OP. Great guy and seller, you won't be disappointed.