Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: MOUNTAIN LAUREL DESIGNS DUOMID
Display Avatars Sort By:
Henry Thomas
(hthomas) - M
FS: SOLD MOUNTAIN LAUREL DESIGNS DUOMID on 10/08/2013 11:05:29 MDT Print View

It has been used 3 nights,grey seam sealed silnylon, and in excellent condition. $165 USPS included to lower 48, pay pal only.

Edited by hthomas on 10/08/2013 11:35:09 MDT.

Edward Jursek
(nedjursek@gmail.com) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
MLD DuoMid on 10/08/2013 11:24:12 MDT Print View

BPL member Jeremy has a "WTB" up for a DuoMid. Here is the link:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=82498&skip_to_post=704074#704074

Edited by nedjursek@gmail.com on 10/08/2013 11:37:07 MDT.

Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Pm inbound on 10/08/2013 11:24:30 MDT Print View

I have a questtion but otherwise I'll take it

brian H
(B14) - M

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns
3 cheers for edward on 10/08/2013 11:37:58 MDT Print View

nice move edward

forgetting to check the "wanted"s is so common...it's refreshing to see someone looking out for another in this way.

Kudos.
btw if yer not a member, consider it...that kind of energy is welcome here!

And Jeremy, let us know if you agree ;)

Jeremy Gustafson
(gustafsj) - MLife

Locale: Minneapolis
Re: FS: SOLD MOUNTAIN LAUREL DESIGNS DUOMID on 10/08/2013 11:57:32 MDT Print View

I'll take it if it is stil available.

Edward Jursek

MLD DuoMid and "WTB" on 10/08/2013 12:16:37 MDT Print View

I hope it went to Jeremy, but I suspect Marc snagged it. I recently posted a "WTB" for a cuben MLD DuoMid and a BPL member connected me with a seller. It was a big help and I love my new (used) cuben DuoMid. As members, we should encourage the posting of "WTB" items as it seems like it would help move gear faster and avoid some of the randomness of the Gear Swap Forum's culture of the "quick and the dead." It would be nice if sellers would do a forum search for a WTB first, especially on a big ticket item like the DuoMid. I mean just looking at the avatars of the two interested parties and we the see the injustice here: Jeremy, with his long suffering "WTB DuoMid" posting is out hiking with a kid and Marc "Quick Fingers" is Red Socks fan? Oh, the humanity, if it went to Marc! If it did go to Marc, enjoy, I love my new (used) DuoMid and a great score at that price! FWIW, I love coming across a great item at a great price first and and snagging it.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
"FS" vs. "WTB" on 10/08/2013 12:24:37 MDT Print View

I'd suggest we have two separate sub-forums - as is done on the AT website Whiteblaze.com - one for those selling gear and another separate one for those wanting to buy any particular item.

Edward Jursek

FS v. WTB on 10/08/2013 12:35:55 MDT Print View

Having 2 separate forums sounds like a great idea! I wonder how hard it would be to implement?

Jeremy Gustafson
(gustafsj) - MLife

Locale: Minneapolis
Re: FS v. WTB on 10/08/2013 12:50:37 MDT Print View

Edward,

Haven't heard back from the original poster, but it looks like it's sold...

Thanks for looking out for me!!

I'm all on board for the separate forum for WTB. I think it would be a lot easier to search for items as well!

Jeremy

Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Re: FS v. WTB on 10/08/2013 12:52:59 MDT Print View

I also think a separate WTB and FS/FT sections would be great. I also try to do a quick check of any WTB posts out there before I post something for sale but admittedly it's a bit tedious to do in the sites current setup so I only try so far. FWIW, I also had a WTB thread up for a Duomid. I'd have preferred Cuben, but I can live with an extra $250 or so in my pocket.

If it doesn't work for me, and he's still looking for one in a Couple of weeks when I return from an international business trip then I'll be happy to pass it along to him for what I bought it for and he would get first dibs before it being posted. Sitting in a hotel room every night has me rethinking my gear setup and yes, perusing this site more often than I usually do. And with extra work per diem to spend, it's deadly.

But it also means that when I get back home I will have some nice gear up for sale as well... Stay tuned!

GO SOX!!!

Edited by mak52580 on 10/08/2013 12:53:35 MDT.

D S
(smoke) - F
2 Separate Forums? on 10/08/2013 12:55:46 MDT Print View

I don't think it would make much difference. I post on several forums that have separate FS vs WTB sections and have found that sellers pay little attention to WTB forums. They just post their wares in FS and usually whoever is quickest, gets it.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: 2 Separate Forums? on 10/08/2013 13:16:03 MDT Print View

If you think people don't search the swap forum now for WTBs, what makes you think they will make an extra click to search a separate WTB forum?

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Seperate on 10/08/2013 13:19:42 MDT Print View

Speaking from one who recently missed out but was saved by an altruistic member... I think the idea of seperate lists is a good thing. A one stop shop. It seems more logical that if I have something to offload I would look there first, much less bs.

Edward Jursek

MLD DuoMid on 10/08/2013 13:21:29 MDT Print View

Marc - I am a Seattle Mariners fan and score a lot more gear on the Gear Swap Forum then my M's score runs and make much better off season trades. If only you knew what I just paid for my cuben DuoMid . . .

Jen Klaudinyi
(Jenklaud) - F

Locale: PacNW
less likely on 10/08/2013 13:28:43 MDT Print View

I think separate forums actually make the WTB stuff less visible and easier to ignore. I agree that this seems to be the case in other forums that separate the threads.
At least when they are combined- all of the action is in one place, and gear folks may see wtb ads for items that they might be inclined to sell, even if they haven't firmly decided. This enables serendipitous discovery (as we say in the information world).

As it is now, WTB ads are easily searchable.
Search Forums > WTB (and maybe add search term for the item you're selling). I think keeping them combined makes the WTB adds more noticeable (and they are already discoverable).

Edited by Jenklaud on 10/08/2013 15:47:10 MDT.

Terry G
(delvxe) - M

agree with Jen on 10/08/2013 14:53:28 MDT Print View

I dont think I would check a WTB board very often even when selling something. I have posted a few WTB ads with some success, so they do work.

Mike W
(rcmike) - MLife

Locale: California
WTB URL on 10/15/2013 23:21:48 MDT Print View

Just bookmark this URL if you want to easily check the WTB items listed. It will work as long as "WTB" is in the post.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/search.html?q=wtb&fid=19

Mike