Forum Index » Community Support Forum » Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F - M

Locale: Oregon
Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment? on 10/11/2013 17:49:05 MDT Print View

Never had any issues at all ordering from Lawson. Great seller, good guy.

Matt

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
Contact from Lawson on 10/14/2013 19:14:44 MDT Print View

I sent a nice note(I think) explaining that I knew we all had problems from time to time, but he needed to have better communication. Told him he could also just refund the money for the pad and line that did not arrive, if he was out of the items. He told me that they were being reshipped and he was sorry he dropped the ball. I'm looking forward to their arrival :)

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment? on 10/14/2013 23:17:41 MDT Print View

Nothing but good to say about Lawson. Normally his communication is among the best of all cottage companies.

Reggie Garrett
(regarrett) - M

Locale: Lost in the mountains
Lawson on 10/15/2013 11:10:27 MDT Print View

Lawson's always treated me right.

Greg Wheelwright
(gdw) - M
Another satisfied customer on 10/15/2013 20:09:02 MDT Print View

I've placed a number of small orders with him and have no complaints, he's been reliable.

Mark Hurd
(markhurd) - M

Locale: South Texas
Reliable on 10/16/2013 16:02:30 MDT Print View

Same here. Good products ( when they are in stock :^) and reasonable service on the 3-4 orders I've placed over the last couple years.

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment? on 10/16/2013 21:50:54 MDT Print View

He's always done well on orders in the past but is running pretty slow on my last one.

I'll give him a month and then contact him if it hasn't arrived.

I'm sure he will come through but if he doesn't I'll probably let him keep the $40 because he has done so well in the past and been so generous with his knowledge on the myog forum.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 08:51:37 MDT Print View

I just saw this forum. Oh Crap. Its a good thing you guys haven't completely tarred and feathered me just yet... Its true I messed up Roberts order. 2 of the 3 items got lost and I forgot to reply to his email. There no excuses as I strive to have great customer service. I just thank Robert for being understanding and patient.

And to all my other customers who have had to wait extra long for an item. I THANK YOU for your patience and understanding as well. With out you guys, this business would just be a dream. I know sometimes orders can take longer than expected and I am sorry for any trouble this may have caused you guys. I will never take anyone's money without delivering a product. While I hate to say it, sometimes I miss emails so if you send me one and don't receive a response. RESEND IT. Resend it as many times as you have to. You are not bothering me.

All that said, ever since Day 1 the foam pads have caused me ALOT of problems. I really should of never sold them, but the foam was so awesome I felt like I had to. For me they were always a kind of like lost leader and a source of most of my shipping troubles. I finally have decided to stop selling them as I am afraid they will eventually cost me my business. Speaking about that, If this forum doesn't ruin my business completely, then my goal is to focus my attention on three things. Cord, Tent Stakes, and Shelters. As well as better customer service, more places to buy my products, and them always being instock.

Thanks for all the continued business and support. Now let this forum die a quick death : )

John Myers
(dallas) - F - MLife

Locale: North Texas
Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 09:19:17 MDT Print View

"Thanks for all the continued business and support. Now let this forum die a quick death : )"

I'm thinking you will be alright.

But I think you mean "post" not "forum" :)

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 10:13:33 MDT Print View

"I just saw this forum. Oh Crap."

Wow! Manned up, took responsibility, apologized, and didn't attack his customer in the process. What a concept!

You'll have my future business.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 11:04:47 MDT Print View

Way to go, Lawson. That's why we like doing business with you. Now we need a sneak preview of those shelters.

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 11:30:39 MDT Print View

Nooo not the pads.
I love your pads.
24" wide, 3X stronger and lighter than others.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
Re: Re: Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 12:20:34 MDT Print View

I figured that shipping inexpensive pads would be logistically difficult. Especially with postage rates increasing. I was hoping there would be a way to make it work, but we understand the trouble they must pose.

Edited by mtnbob123 on 10/17/2013 12:36:18 MDT.

D S
(smoke) - F
Pads on 10/17/2013 12:53:38 MDT Print View

I don't recommend discontinuing a popular item because it costs more. That also keeps people from buying other things. Raise the price so you can make a little $ anyway. If there are other underlying issues, such as a supply problem, then maybe.

Just my 2 cents.

Chad B
(CenAZwalker) - F

Locale: Southwest
Shelters on 10/17/2013 13:02:58 MDT Print View

I've always had good experiences ordering from Lawson and wouldn't hesitate to order from him again. I'm looking forward to shelter options he will be offering. I've always wanted one of the tarps he made in the past that had one reflective side but have never been able to find one.

Christopher *
(cfrey.0) - M

Locale: US East Coast
What happened to the ... on 10/17/2013 15:27:30 MDT Print View

Semi-custom packs?

semi-custom pack link

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=79195&skip_to_post=675048#675048

Edited by cfrey.0 on 10/17/2013 15:30:03 MDT.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 17:16:33 MDT Print View

Hi Lawson

> I know sometimes orders can take longer than expected
Applies to stoves as well. :-) I am still 'servicing' the X axis on the CNC.

The cure? COMMUNICATION! And more communication.

Foam pads - if they still sell despite the shipping costs, continue to sell them but put a clear note on the web site that shipping them is a pain and expensive. There is no need imho to make them a loss-leader. In effect, communication. Let the customer decide whether the cost is worth while.

The tar and feathers are in reserve... :-)

Cheers
[Btw, personal comments, absolutely NOT official ones.]

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Ohh Crap on 10/17/2013 17:25:06 MDT Print View

Let me extend this a bit from Roger's comments.

Never put yourself in the position of saying "no" to a customer request. If it is something that you want to sell, then give him the price and let him decide. If it is something that you really, really don't want to sell, then give him an enormous price and let him decide. The enormous price should be high enough that you will make some profit anyway, even with the hassles, but it should not be so predatory that it seems obvious.

That is the good part about managing your own web site. You can fill up the item descriptions with as many words as necessary. Use a small font if necessary.

--B.G.--

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - F

Locale: Grand Canyon State
For What it's Worth... on 10/18/2013 10:49:21 MDT Print View

Lawson,

For what it's worth, those foam pads have a really good reputation on BPL, so if your supplier is ok, just pass on the cost of the shipping to the consumer (put a brief note about shipping costs on the webpage that lists the pads). That way, you won't take a loss on them, but you'll still get some extra traffic on the website from people looking at the pads. I'm sure I'm not the only one who, once I'm on a website I haven't been to before, takes a look around to see what else might interest me...

[Edited one sentence for clarity]

Edited by Wildtowner on 10/18/2013 12:25:35 MDT.

Andrew F
(andrew.f) - F - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment? on 10/18/2013 11:22:08 MDT Print View

Yeah, I for one would pay more for the foam pads. You can't get a full length one anywhere else.