Forum Index » Community Support Forum » Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: Re: Re: Ohh Crap on 10/18/2013 11:29:10 MDT Print View

Never put yourself in the position of saying "no" to a customer request. If it is something that you want to sell, then give him the price and let him decide. The enormous price should be high enough ...

30+ years ago the data center where I worked had a large customer who housed their own development staff with us. The by product of their service was time series biological data (non-human) over many years and distributed over an entire state.

They'd get periodic requests to use their data for purposes other than what it was collected for and had neither the staff nor time nor $$ to process hundreds of magnetic tapes to extract the requested data. The std price for such requests was set to be high enough to discourage all comers.

I was in their manager's office when he received a phone call for one such request. After finishing the call he looked at me and said "D*mn, I'm gonna have to go to my board and get a bigger number." :-)

Back to the OP topic ... I've sent Lawson a handful of orders with no problems and always excellent communication. I suppose (almost) everyone slips up now and then.

Edited by jcolten on 10/18/2013 11:31:31 MDT.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
Update on 10/20/2013 18:03:58 MDT Print View

I received 2nd pad and am now just waiting on the line.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
Lawson Equipment Order Now Complete on 10/21/2013 17:41:00 MDT Print View

Just wanted to follow up to say that everything is now received. I received my glo-wire tonight to make the order complete.

George Ramsdell
(ghramsdell) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Waiting for Order on 03/26/2014 21:30:18 MDT Print View

I placed an order 1 week ago and have sent multiple emails and have not heard anything back other then the order confirmation.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Waiting for Order on 03/27/2014 07:09:14 MDT Print View

He has a weird email server sometimes.
No worries tho, he'll absolutely take care of you. Just be a bit persistent.

Gabe P
(Gabe) - MLife
"Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment?" on 03/27/2014 08:07:32 MDT Print View

I've had nothing but good experiences with Lawson.

Robb Watts
(rwatts) - M

Locale: Western PA
Lawson is one of the good guys on 03/27/2014 12:00:56 MDT Print View

I've ordered from Lawson at least a half a dozen times and never once had a problem.
When I get free shipping on such a small purchase, I don't sweat the wait time nor do I expect a tracking number.
By the way, his thin closed cell foam pads are the bomb (according to my dog - I wouldn't know, he won't let me use it)

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Waiting for Order on 03/27/2014 19:15:30 MDT Print View

I can't believe that anyone's order needs multiple e mails from Lawson. Its tent stakes, guy lines and other non life supporting equipment.

First world problems

D S
(smoke) - F
Site Down & Email Returned on 03/28/2014 08:21:34 MDT Print View

His site is down (says for updating) and an email to the old address was returned as undeliverable.

Edited by smoke on 03/28/2014 08:22:07 MDT.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Site Down & Email Returned on 03/28/2014 08:48:10 MDT Print View

D S,

he is posting on this thread:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=89061

D S
(smoke) - F
I know on 03/28/2014 09:10:40 MDT Print View

Yes, I know he's posting there, but I don't want to hijack that thread to try to resolve an issue.

David Olsen
(bivysack.com) - F

Locale: Channeled Scablands
unique and custom stuff on 03/28/2014 09:22:45 MDT Print View

I feel for Lawson. Trying to bring unique stuff to market quickly, cheaply, with lots of customer input. You can get stuff from him in a few weeks or months after it's designed. Try doing that at REI or Black Diamond or Patagonia. They work a year out at best and once they run out of an item, it will be another year before the stores get more.

They do have a bank of phone and email people to answer questions. The answers might not be fully informed as they hire people at $11 an hour who may or may not have outdoor experience.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: unique and custom stuff on 03/28/2014 09:28:07 MDT Print View

"They do have a bank of phone and email people to answer questions. The answers might not be fully informed as they hire people at $11 an hour who may or may not have outdoor experience."

True. However, these companies also have many more clients and therefore inquiries. If you are posting on BPL, you have enough time to communicate back to a client, IMO.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: unique and custom stuff on 03/28/2014 19:07:34 MDT Print View

I've made a couple purchases from him. Stakes and glowire are quality products. Price was fair. Delivery was timely.