Forum Index » Community Support Forum » Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment?

Display Avatars Sort By:
robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment? on 10/07/2013 18:40:02 MDT Print View

I ordered 2 foam pads and some lightweight line, and I received only 1 pad. When I wrote to Lawson, he told me he would check into it, but have never heard back from him. I sent him a second email a few days ago, but no response.

I have dealt with him a few times in the past with no issues, but I'm worried about the lack of response.

Any similar experiences? Suggestions?

Thanks

James Klein
(jnklein21) - M

Locale: Southeast
recent order on 10/07/2013 18:58:48 MDT Print View

I ordered one pad from him a couple of Sundays back. after 8 days I only had the email that confirmed he had printed a shipping label. I emailed him the 8th night. by the following morning I checked USPS and updates showed the he had shipped it the day of my email but before I actually emailed.

A couple of days later he replied to say sorry and that he had just gotten swamped. The same day I received the pad.

I bet is still getting caught up and will get you taken care of soon.

Good luck!

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: recent order on 10/08/2013 18:10:16 MDT Print View

Yep,
Just send him another email.

It's worth the wait. Those pads he sells are awesome.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/08/2013 18:55:28 MDT Print View

I sent him an email again. This time he told me he forgot about me. I hate to be a pain, but not the best customer service for a cottage industry that I want to support. I might add that this order was placed on September 20th, 18 days ago. Am I being to impatient?

Edited by mtnbob123 on 10/08/2013 19:16:35 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/08/2013 19:25:15 MDT Print View

"This time he told me he forgot about me."

At least that sounds like an honest answer. Being a cottage business also means that their is nobody to pick up the slack. Or catch things that slip through the cracks.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Re: Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/08/2013 21:16:38 MDT Print View

I've bought things from Lawson in the past with no issues, great email response also.
I know he's working on a lot of new stuff for his web site that he actually designs and makes himself, a lot of time and R&D go into that.

I don't know about Lawson, but for John and I at Borahgear we both hold down full time jobs and still try to manage the side business, it can get overwhelming sometimes, I'm sure he will take care of you.

Jack

Edited by jumpbackjack on 10/08/2013 21:17:10 MDT.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Re: Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/09/2013 07:25:42 MDT Print View

I agree. Lawson is top notch, and we do all make mistakes sometimes. He's a good guy, is on the forums a lot, which to me means something. Yeah, it's not good that he "forgot" about you, but he's human and a one-man shop. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He'll take care of you.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Re: Re: Re: Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/09/2013 08:33:18 MDT Print View

Thanks, been waiting for awhile now and was wondering if I was being too impatient. I think Lawson is a good guy, I have bought items from him many times. It is just when I receive one item out of three and then don't get a response when I send an email, I started to wonder.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - M

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Re: Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/09/2013 10:33:46 MDT Print View

"He's a good guy, is on the forums a lot, which to me means something."

That means a lot to me too. Most cottage guys only get on here to announce new products or to tout/defend their products. I have several threads bookmarked where Lawson has explained catenary curves w/ cuben, tie-out design,etc. So, I "repay" him for sharing that knowledge by supporting his business. Good products help too of course.

Ryan

Edited by ViolentGreen on 10/09/2013 16:19:57 MDT.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lawson Equipment Issues on 10/09/2013 13:18:57 MDT Print View

I was taking to Lawson a few weeks ago and he sid he was crazy busy, I was enquiring where my order was and it happened to turn up a few hours later.

Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F - M

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Stockouts on 10/10/2013 10:01:12 MDT Print View

I've never ordered from him, but would like to. Problem is every time I'm on his site 85-90% of it is out of stock. Its hard when I want to buy a bunch of stuff and bundle an order but can't because only 1 of 8 items I want to order is in stock.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Re: Stockouts on 10/10/2013 10:57:45 MDT Print View

He told me he was going a different direction. Discontinuing some items, bringing in some new ones.

Jon Foro
(fjoro) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Lawson's cool. on 10/10/2013 20:25:02 MDT Print View

And I don't trust any(every)one.

I've also "forgotten" about correspondence in my own job and not been as honest about it in my late replies. I'm guessing you'll be taken care of, but it's always good to be assertive, especially when your money's hanging out there.

Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F - M

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Re: Re: Stockouts on 10/10/2013 22:22:05 MDT Print View

Maybe... but this has been happening to me for over a year now, and the products haven't changed.

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Communication with Lawson on 10/11/2013 11:58:36 MDT Print View

I think I feel better about this if Lawson was able to reply to an email in a timely manner. Its been 21 days. I have sent 3 emails and have only been told "I'll look into it". I have heard nothing for days. We are not talking about a big order, it is a very small one, but not giving me much confidence to buy bigger orders. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I can understand issues, but not lack of communication or slowness of taking care of orders that were not shipped properly or lost.

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - F

Locale: Grand Canyon State
High Standard on 10/11/2013 12:57:30 MDT Print View

I have never dealt with Lawson, so I really can't comment (though it does seem like a long time since your order)... but recently ZPacks made a small mistake with my order, and wow -- Matt had the correct item in the mail to me minutes later! It's only when something goes wrong that you can judge customer service, and I will not hesitate to buy from ZPacks again and again!

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Communication with Lawson on 10/11/2013 13:18:38 MDT Print View

I am a little surprised that he hasn't posted online here....

Gregory Allen
(Gallen1119) - M

Locale: Golden, CO
Re: Re: Communication with Lawson on 10/11/2013 14:26:15 MDT Print View

I'm surprised also. I would place him in the top 25% of suppliers based on my previous interactions.

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: Midwest
Re: Re: Communication with Lawson on 10/11/2013 14:40:55 MDT Print View

I'm sure he will chime in eventually. I appreciate that he wants to develop new products, but I will +1 the wish that he kept the regular ones in stock. Glowire and Ironwire plus the pads are probably his best sellers, I imagine he'd sell a lot more if they were in stock more than a few months of the year.

Rick M
(rmjapan) - F

Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Has anyone else had issues with getting your order from Lawson Equipment? on 10/11/2013 17:47:16 MDT Print View

He does seem to have unusually bad luck with USPS shipping. My first order from him went MIA with sketchy communication too. He said he was having a lot of missing international orders and changed his shipping policies/charges shortly thereafter. He kept asking me to wait, but his was the FIRST package I ever had go missing in my 20+ years in Japan and USPS First Class never takes longer than 2 weeks.

In fairness, he did offer to resend but I chose a refund instead that was barely squeezed in under the Paypal 60-day time limit.

Despite that experience, I placed another order some months later for shipping to my USA address. This order was delivered promptly and I was pleasantly surprised to see he also included the contents of my previous order gratis. I offered to pay for the extras but he declined. Pretty CLASSY and generous I thought!

My third order also went off without a hitch so until we start seeing more reports of orders not being delivered I'd say be patient but also cognizant of Paypal's refund time limits. Afterall, many previous customers defended Kookabay for months after its owner effectively "disappeared" with his last customers cash.