3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
Display Avatars Sort By:
Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: Injured reserve list on 03/27/2014 13:26:28 MDT Print View

me and John V. are good to go.

Mike ... how is the Achilles ?

True story
John had to abort a 50 mile race last week to carry a woman on his back 4 miles up a remote single track because she tripped and broke her leg.
so if anyone can't make the whole Zion Traverse on their own power ... he's your man.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Re: Re: Injured reserve list on 03/27/2014 18:25:59 MDT Print View

Art- achilles is fine, unfortunately my heel definitely has a stress fracture :( I'm just now able to put a little weight on it, but am still limping

Sadly I'm going to be a no go, if I thought I could even hike a bit I'd go, but I'm pretty sure my best bet at recovery is to stay off of it until fully healed.

The reservation for the camp site is still good and I'm 99.9% sure that as a group site I don't need to physically be there- I'll call them to confirm that tomorrow. So there should be no problem with the camp site.

I know that injuries are part of the game, but this one really hurts (figuratively, but also literally). I know there is no good time to get injured, but right before a trip you've been looking forward to for months, just plain sucks.

Maybe I can pull a Carlos Castaneda, so keep a close eye on any odd looking crows!

Mike

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Re: Injured reserve list on 03/27/2014 18:33:00 MDT Print View

Running sounds dangerous.

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: Re: Re: Injured reserve list on 03/27/2014 19:52:19 MDT Print View

Mike - can you give me an email address or ph number so we can discuss the camp site.

Craig - can I get your email also.

Greg - can I get your email also.

this situation has gotten small enough I don't really want to continue it on the forum.

thanks
art

Edited by asandh on 03/27/2014 22:35:13 MDT.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Re: Re: Re: Injured reserve list on 03/27/2014 22:40:09 MDT Print View

Damn Mike, bad timing. Injury sucks. I hope it heals up soon for you.

As for me, my leg is feeling alright and I plan to run. I know we've lost some folks lately but hoping we can still salvage something here, even if it just turns into a camping trip.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Eugene ? on 03/27/2014 23:35:43 MDT Print View

I'm alive and well.

My recent MIA status has been a result of several busy weeks juggling another successful year of race directing for the Sierra Vista Trail Runs with my good friend Dan C., here in our city, as well as running and racing a few myself, working, and balancing as best I can all of this with Mi Familia. I messaged Jacob D., as he reached out this week, and let him know that I had to make the decision to bail, *once again, on meeting up with all of you guys for Zion. This seems to be a pattern of mine, get jazzed to connect with everyone, train, make plans, change plans, etc.... I apologize for the late pullout from the roster, fellas. I'm bummed, but I know I'll meet up with some, or all, of you in the future in some capacity.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

injured on 03/28/2014 07:29:38 MDT Print View

Art- you have your pm turned off, here's my phone four zero six- 439- seven, one, one, zero

Eugene- sorry you can't make it

Jacob- glad to hear your healing!

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Never Say Die on 03/28/2014 09:40:55 MDT Print View

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavor.

- Sir Ernest Shackleton

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Never Say Die on 03/29/2014 21:10:44 MDT Print View

Sorry you can't make it Eugene.

For anyone following this here, Art got a site at Watchman that'll be cheaper than Mike's group site.

Adan and I have permits to do two canyons. We plan on doing a short one on Friday and then spending ~12 hours out on Saturday. We should be able to drive you all to the trailhead Saturday morning. Our shuttle doesn't leave until 9:30.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Re: Re: Never Say Die on 03/31/2014 17:24:12 MDT Print View

Gents- got the group site cancelled; have a great time and please post up pics and trip report(s)!

Mike

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: Never Say Die on 03/31/2014 17:40:09 MDT Print View

Thanks for helping out Mike, sorry you can't get out there. Can I help you with the cancellation fee?

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
Weather report on 03/31/2014 19:46:08 MDT Print View

70 and sunny for the high. Doesn't get any better than that!!!!! Mentally I am already sitting in the desert watching the sunset. Physically I leave Friday morning. If only body could catch up with the mind.

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: Weather report on 03/31/2014 23:16:47 MDT Print View

for those arriving Thursday :
Watchman camp site C 7

for those arriving Friday :
Watchman camp site B 25

(had to combine 2 cancellations to make it work).

one weather report I've seen says as low as 25* at night at the start and finish.

Edited by asandh on 03/31/2014 23:27:24 MDT.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

friends from Helena on 04/01/2014 18:21:59 MDT Print View

Art & Gents- my friend Grant and his wife Robin are still coming, I think he may only be in the run to Grotto, but that could change. Craig- I gave him your telephone # (it's the only one I have)

Mike

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: friends from Helena on 04/01/2014 18:30:29 MDT Print View

Mike - that's great.
the only issue is we now have a single camp site for 6.
do you know what their plans are, arrival, accommodations ?
South Campground is first come first serve should we try and nab one for them ?

feel free to pass on my email address.

Edited by asandh on 04/01/2014 18:31:33 MDT.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Re: Re: friends from Helena on 04/01/2014 18:51:19 MDT Print View

Art- I let him know they that the big group site was cancelled. I left a message on his cell phone to check South Campground and also for possible cancellations at Watchman. They may be headed that way now, very possible they will be there before you guys.

Thanks Mike

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: friends from Helena on 04/01/2014 19:04:23 MDT Print View

No problem Mike. I expect to be out there Thursday before dark. Tell him to call anytime.