Ok Max, are you ready...i said, are YOU READY!???? Enough theatrics, bam!
Ok, so this was a prototype. You will note that i first tried sewing it...yeah, silly me. So then i tried the fusible bonding stuff, which required me to put some kind of fabric over the cord. Since this was just a prototype and i was impatient to get er done, i used whatever fabric i had plenty of left overs of. Which happened to be a somewhat heavy, 65% Polyester-35% Linen blend. Note that at first, i used too much fabric and fusible stuff and it became increasingly more narrow as i refined my approach.
I weighed the amount of Polypropylene cord i used in the shirt, and it came out to .7 oz. Next shirt i make, i will use a lightweight silk to be the top fabric. Max, this too could be yours, for the low, low, low price of well, nothing except shipping to me. I have my system down, so i won't flubb up your baselayer as i flubbed mine up a bit (but please send me a cheaper or less favorite one just in case). I think i have some light weight silk laying around somewhere. It's white/off white colored, so a white baselayer would make sense.