Forum Index » Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?

Display Avatars Sort By:
jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 08:14:29 MDT Print View

"aha ha ha. The assclownery continues."

What? You and Matt don't care whether I say you're capable of redemption? My feelings are hurt : ) I think I've worn out that joke so I'll try not to continue it...

I agree, Kathleen Sebelius doesn't come across very well, in John Stewart's show and elsewhere. Maybe she's better at managing a bureaucracy? Based on Obamacare roll-out maybe not?

I feel sorry for her. She can't quit now. I don't think she's having fun : )

Hopefully this will all resolve itself in a few months. Like I said, I make buying decisions mostly on the product, very little on the user interface for buying it.

The anti-black man in the whitehouse people will just latch onto anything they can be critical about : )

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Choice ? on 10/23/2013 08:19:01 MDT Print View

"Stay healthy my friend"

I prefer the Alan Grayson quote about Republican health care plan: "Part one, don't get sick. Part two, if you do get sick...die quickly."

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Choice ? on 10/23/2013 08:42:00 MDT Print View

"Ian. Here is the problem. You sign up and your exchange co-op entity defaults. What happens? In the real world, you are now SOL. I dunno, just asking."

I don't know either. I have opinions and assumptions but this isn’t my area of expertise.

Here's a real world scenario. I know of a young girl (mother is a childhood friend of my wife) who was diagnosed with cancer. Her father is a small business owner and before the diagnosis, was paying an arm/leg for health insurance for his family.

The bill for her first round of chemo, which was supposedly covered by his health insurance, was ~ $80k. The insurance company refused to pay the bill with no explanation. It took many months, many calls to political representatives, and extra undue stress above and beyond the nightmare of having a sick child to resolve the issue.

Will ACA or a future single payer system fix this problem? I can't say but after hearing their story, it's difficult for it to get much worse in my mind using our pre-ACA model.

I've said it before; I wouldn't have signed off on ACA as written but I wish it success. Our system is broken and hopefully this will be a step in the right direction.

Here's her blog if you're interested in following her story:

http://www.thethingaboutcancer.com/

Doesn't talk about the insurance aspect of it but a neat kid and story nonetheless.

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 08:44:50 MDT Print View

"The anti-black man in the whitehouse people will just latch onto anything they can be critical about : )"

Jerry,

I have this image of you sitting in a lawn chair next to a bridge, drinking lemonade, wearing an umbrella hat, and asking pedestrians three questions before permitting them to cross.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 08:52:19 MDT Print View

are you calling me a troll?

I believe you-all are not real, just a computer simulation created to torment me

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 08:57:13 MDT Print View

"are you calling me a troll?"

A bit, yes. But hey, you are not the only one .

:) as long as there is a smiley it's ok, right?

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 08:58:50 MDT Print View

"are you calling me a troll?"

Well.... if trolling was an Olympic sport, and the "anti-black man in the Whitehouse people" was what you delivered on game day, I'm saying that you'd be the first person to receive a platinum medal and no other contestants would receive a medal because they would be deemed to be unworthy of sharing the stage with you.

So to answer your question, maybe.

Edit to add: delivering that in a teasing/friendly/non-mean-spirited way so I hope you receive it as such.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 10/23/2013 09:05:25 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re on 10/23/2013 09:15:46 MDT Print View

I say that post was "trolling" and I say it in a friendly, non mean but not teasing way.
You can and mostly do better than that Jerry.

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Trolls on 10/23/2013 09:23:45 MDT Print View

@Ian

>Well.... if trolling was an Olympic sport, and the "anti-black man in the Whitehouse people" was what you delivered on game day, I'm saying that you'd be the first person to receive a platinum medal and no other contestants would receive a medal because they would be deemed to be unworthy of sharing the stage with you.

I disagree, the anti black comment wasn't even worthy of an eye roll. His troll skills are amateur at best. Not medal worthy IMO... Participation ribbon at best.

Ken Miller
(Powderpiggy) - F

Locale: Colorado
Oh my on 10/23/2013 09:27:25 MDT Print View

I never really had an image of Jerry in my mind's eye;

I do now!! ;)

Except it's not lemonade, it's Kool-Aid

How much does that umbrella hat weight?

Does it come with a chin strap or did you add it?

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 09:50:43 MDT Print View

You mean when you nominated me for president of chaff you were just calling me a troll? My pride has been dashed to pieces : ) In a friendly way...

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re: Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 09:54:39 MDT Print View

I am calling the one post above a classic troll post. But you can get away with it, seen as you are the president here.

Edited by Kat_P on 10/23/2013 09:55:36 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: OMG on 10/23/2013 10:12:19 MDT Print View

Then what did you mean by nominating me for president of chaff?

(just playing straightman, lobbing softballs for people to hit out of the comedy house)

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
91,000 seek coverage through Washington health exchange on 10/23/2013 10:43:26 MDT Print View

"While President Barack Obama has been lamenting the technical snafus limiting signups for the federal exchanges — and Oregon has yet to launch its health exchange at all — the Washington state numbers look successful by comparison."

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/health-care-inc/2013/10/washington-health-exchange-draws.html

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: 91,000 seek coverage through Washington health exchange on 10/23/2013 12:14:05 MDT Print View

>successful by comparison

"Washington's 35,000 completed enrollments, nearly 31,000 are Medicaid enrollees. Just 4,529 so far are purchasing health coverage."

As stated in the next paragraph, the math doesn't work (paraphrased). It's a shell game. Some democrats are already saying the program can be fixed if we throw more money at it.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/23/2013 12:25:32 MDT Print View

Honestly, I believe they are hoping it fails so they can implement a single payer-full on Socialized medicine system. After all, that's the end goal they've all been striving for.

Matt

r

Edited by bigfoot2 on 10/23/2013 12:37:23 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re on 10/23/2013 12:40:42 MDT Print View

Is it a full on troll fest now?
For a while it seemed like a discussion.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Trollfest?? on 10/23/2013 12:54:59 MDT Print View

Kat...why do you say that? I stated my opinion and gave an example of why I think that way. No trolling intended on my part at all. As Mr. Miaggi said "...walk left sida road, ok. Walk right sida road, ok. Walk middle of road, get squished like GRAPE!". Words of wisdom. :)

Matt

Edited by bigfoot2 on 10/23/2013 13:11:21 MDT.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Re: Re: 91,000 seek coverage through Washington health exchange on 10/23/2013 13:41:59 MDT Print View

""Washington's 35,000 completed enrollments, nearly 31,000 are Medicaid enrollees. Just 4,529 so far are purchasing health coverage."

As stated in the next paragraph, the math doesn't work (paraphrased). It's a shell game. Some democrats are already saying the program can be fixed if we throw more money at it."

It is Medicaid. Many adults were on Medicaid prior to 2008 and are likely starting to get coverage again. Since 2008 everyone else has been paying for their bills in higher doctor and hospital bills. I know I have directly in the bills I got from the Hospital. You are right about a shell game, but the ACA just trades one shell game for another if you will.

Washington is one of the states that has provided health care, including dental and vision for kids for years. Now they will be doing so for adults that have little means. The Federal Government will be helping with that under the ACA.

My opinion- reduce spending on War Machinery and Corporate subsidies and cover more people with healthcare. This will make our trade with other countries more competitive.

I say level the p(l)aying field and give everyone a chance to buy insurance at the same rates the large Corps and the Government gets.

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: 91,000 seek coverage through Washington health exchange on 10/23/2013 13:48:32 MDT Print View

"I say level the p(l)aying field and give everyone a chance to buy insurance at the same rates the large Corps and the Government gets."

Amen to that.