Forum Index » Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: paraphrase on 10/17/2013 13:33:18 MDT Print View

Admittedly a little more leveraged, today, with no plans for changing.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Changes on 10/17/2013 14:08:00 MDT Print View

Changes would be good.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Watch out on 10/17/2013 14:34:37 MDT Print View

MSNBC is liberal for sure, CNN is in the middle, FOX is right wing

Right wingers say CNN is liberal and even thinking about MSNBC risks their heads exploding. One of their tactics to shift the country in their direction is to redefine neutral as liberal, like referring to the mainstream media as liberal.

I like Rachael Maddow. I like phonetically pronouncing her last name.

I watch MSNBC a little. Makes me happy sometimes to hear the liberal perspective.

I listened to liberal radio all the time, but the station converted to sports. Weird that there are enough listeners in Coos Bay to support a liberal station but not enough in Portland. I've been listening to NPR a lot recently and I probably wouldn't listen to liberal radio so much now - too partisan and repetitive.

Bringing up Soros is one of those "false equivalencies". Soros - $1, all the right wing causes - $100. Soros didn't create a (faux) news network, take over political parties, there isn't a stable of politicians loyal to him.

When I sign up for Obamacare I'll post a comparison. Too many glitches right now - no reason for agravation. I'll wait until closer to the Dec 15 deadline

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/17/2013 14:45:20 MDT Print View

"Hey, our government got another credit card to run up and we're back in biness. That's how we roll."

You know that when Bush got into office we had balanced budget

Bush spent "like a drunken sailor (no offense to drunken sailors)"

All those programs continued into Obama - Obama didn't create a bunch of liberal deficit causing programs

Actually, Obama has shut down half of the Bush deficit causing programs - our deficit has been reduced by half and will continue to drop.

Of course giving Obama/Bush all the credit/blame is invalid, they were just the president

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Yikes on 10/22/2013 07:23:28 MDT Print View

"White House" asks Bob Beckel to shut up about healthcare. His words.

Ken Miller
(Powderpiggy) - F

Locale: Colorado
Liberals begin to eat their own on 10/22/2013 08:01:48 MDT Print View

Stewart on fire!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Qtx_ZcHOjw

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Liberals begin to eat their own on 10/22/2013 08:42:47 MDT Print View

That was pretty good. I like the Pacman reference because the technology is so old it was at the time of Pacman not to mention Tron.

What I like about liberals is they don't just fall lockstep into what they're told to do. Except I noticed Republicans are beginning to splinter over this shutdown strategy.

Uh oh, I'm getting back into my chaff president role, I can't help myself...

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 09:36:59 MDT Print View

He sure is doing his best to sell that crappy program, that's for sure.

o

Edited by bigfoot2 on 10/22/2013 09:37:50 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 10:32:42 MDT Print View

that one is actually a little funny

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 11:53:31 MDT Print View

Like that, Jerry? How about this one:

o

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 11:59:31 MDT Print View

Of course, this is only my opinion, but...

Caricatures = can be funny
Lies = not funny

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 12:01:08 MDT Print View

Rubio wants to delay Obamacare because of glitches in the software. By the way, like Gibbs siad, that's already part of the law.

That's like if you're down a couple touchdowns in the first quarter, don't get desperate and start throwing hail Marys. Just put your head down and refocus efforts to make that software work

on thru-hiker.com I can order stuff totally on-line

on owfinc.com I have to call them on the phone to order - kind of klunky but it doesn't affect my decision to order or my satisfaction

on cover oregon it gives me prices for different companies. It now gives some specifics like what copays there are. I don't think that worked before. I suspect I could call up a specific company and sign up somehow.

maybe Republicans all screaming how bad Obamacare is because of the user interface is a bad strategy. Next January and especially March, after the sign-up period is past, this will all be history and, once again, the Republican politicians will look like idiots.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 12:05:45 MDT Print View

I think it's funny when you have to look at it a moment and then go "oh! I get it, ha ha ha"

The hip replacement one, no subtlety, just more propoganda, but at least no Hitler mustache

The Smamwow one, Obama is really selling it, it took me a moment to recognize that it was the Shamwow guy

but that's just my opinion...

Dean L
(AldoLeopold) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
Re: Re: Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 12:32:55 MDT Print View

I'm so glad that the people who just a few weeks ago were against ACA are now so concerned that citizens can't sign up fast enough. I guess anyone can change. ;)

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 13:41:00 MDT Print View

Jerry...point taken...here's one that's much more accurate:

eat

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 13:49:10 MDT Print View

"I'm so glad that the people who just a few weeks ago were against ACA are now so concerned that citizens can't sign up fast enough. I guess anyone can change. ;)"

I guess that's one way to twist it.

Edited by BFThorp on 10/22/2013 13:55:02 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/22/2013 15:17:19 MDT Print View

okay, changed my mind, both Fred and Matt are beyond redemption : )

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
OMG on 10/23/2013 07:47:48 MDT Print View

aha ha ha. The assclownery continues.

Katherine Syllabus (misspelled intentionally) says government needed 5 years to roll out plan. 3 was too little time. While trying to evade the question, this was the best she could do. Transparent enough for me.

Insurance co-ops that were set up for the exchange are beginning to DEFAULT and will need more TAXPAYER money to stay afloat. Read that one again and tell me you don't get the giggles. We're are already down a billion there and .6 billion for the site. John McAfee says the website is a hackers dream. We've only seen the beginning of the problems. There are a few things the government actually does well (not to be confused with efficiency). This will have to go on the long list of things that they shouldn't touch.

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Pick your poison on 10/23/2013 07:58:56 MDT Print View

I see it as a choice between government inefficiency and lack of innovation vs corporate greed-is-good-except-when-it-isn't.

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Choice ? on 10/23/2013 08:14:26 MDT Print View

Ian. Here is the problem. You sign up and your exchange co-op entity defaults. What happens? In the real world, you are now SOL. I dunno, just asking.

The black market healthcare option is looking better all the time.

(Borrowed from a popular beer commercial - 2x)

Stay healthy my friend