Forum Index » Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navigator on 12/12/2013 08:58:37 MST Print View

"One of those taken out of context comments that the right wingers repeat ad nauseum in an attempt to make Al Gore seem like a delusional exhagerator"

Don't worry, my left wing liberal buddies use it too. We all concluded he's a nozzle. If you, or anyone here is a Gore fan, and are offended by my comments, I dont apologize. He's the lowest form.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Navigator on 12/12/2013 09:22:10 MST Print View

I'm not a huge Al Gore fan, but his heart is in the right place.

I don't think his style or appearance or whatever appeals to many people.

One problem is he grew up wealthy so he'll say things that are ridiculous to the masses, sort of like Barbara Bush saying that those homeless people in New Orleans are better off in that sports stadium because they have a place to stay. Like he says that he has offset all the CO2 his mansion produces.

In his "hockey stick" graph, if you look at it with magnifying glass, you can see it warmed up, then the CO2 went up. That graph shows that if it warms up, then CO2 levels will rise, which is an important concept, but doesn't really show what will happen if you release CO2 into the atmosphere. But it does show that there is a positive feedback mechanism - if you release CO2 and if this increases temperature, then the CO2 will rise even more which will increase temperature even more. But that's too complicated. But he shouldn't go out and say what he says, that this proves that releasing CO2 will increase temperature. Better to find something to say that's scientifically correct even if the details are too complicated to go into. But that's a different chaff thread...

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
I totally agree on 12/12/2013 11:39:02 MST Print View

I think the divorce rate is correlated also, but not violent crime... at least in the sates.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: I totally agree on 12/12/2013 11:44:34 MST Print View

uh oh - dementia is setting in...

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Re: I totally agree on 12/12/2013 18:52:37 MST Print View

Umm... are we still talking about Obamacare??

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: I totally agree on 12/12/2013 19:13:25 MST Print View

no - Ken, Fred, and I are just internet trolls with too much time on our hands : )

Ken and Fred say "Jerry, Speak!" so I dutifully speak.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Politifact on 12/13/2013 07:53:56 MST Print View

Uh oh, Politifact said Obama "you can keep your insurance" statement is the #1 lie of the year:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/12/lie-year-readers-poll-results-2013/

But they did acknowledge that only estimated 2% of people got cancellations so maybe statement was 98% correct? And I'm one of those people but I got a plan slightly better so maybe 1% of people couldn't keep their policy if they wanted it?

They also said the Obama response was botched. They said people took statement out of context, etc. rather than 'fessing up.

#2 lie - Cruz - "Congress is exempt from Obamacare" - that's the opposite of what really happened

#3 lie - Bachmann - "IRS will keep a database of healthcare secrets" - crazy talk

#4 lie - Ann Coulter - "No American trained doctor will accept Obamacare" - crazy talk

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: I totally agree on 12/13/2013 11:01:15 MST Print View

Totally crap. Not a troll...can't speak for Ken.

Yea, and Obama wasn't really lying as much as neglecting accuracy and lacking full disclosure.

It doesn't matter anymore.

Edited by BFThorp on 12/13/2013 11:15:12 MST.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday? on 12/13/2013 11:11:15 MST Print View

d

f

Edited by bigfoot2 on 12/14/2013 09:51:44 MST.

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Faked out. on 12/15/2013 10:25:33 MST Print View

It's time to turn selfish and say I hope democrats keep this thing on the front page... just two more years. I'm beginning to dig this obamster guy.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Age discrimination in the ACA on 12/16/2013 09:18:23 MST Print View

For those 55 and older, those getting the mandated insurance through Medicaid will have to pay back the cost after death. For them the insurance isn't free, it is just a loan.

"The way Prins saw it, that meant health insurance via Medicaid is hardly “free” for Washington residents 55 or older. It’s a loan, one whose payback requirements aren’t well advertised. And it penalizes people who, despite having a low income, have managed to keep a home or some savings they hope to pass to heirs, Prins said."

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022469957_medicaidrecoveryxml.html

So it isn't free, you independent Tea Total'ers, and it's discriminatory you soft hearted Libs.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022469957_medicaidrecoveryxml.html

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
It's finally here on 01/01/2014 07:10:49 MST Print View

Nobody I work with has insurance now.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: It's finally here on 01/01/2014 12:32:24 MST Print View

Why not? I have insurance through Blue Cross that's much cheaper than I had before, and I'm not getting any subsidy. And I have dental. And it's not through my work, so I can keep this dream job I have. Seems pretty darned awesome to me.

Did you or your coworkers even bother to look at what was available on the exchanges? My mother, who lost her job just 2 years before her retirement, was able to get a gold plan for $17/month.

Or did you just keep complaining because you can't possibly entertain the idea that maybe you are wrong........

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - M

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: It's finally here on 01/01/2014 13:16:42 MST Print View

My mother lost her job 2 yrs ago when the local hospital shut down. So of course she lost her insurance as well. Guess what, no one wants to hire a 61 yr old with only a high school education especially in a county with 19% unemployment. Therefore, insurance would only be a thing of the past for my 61 yr old mother as she couldn't pay +$400/mo out of her unemployment. Enter Obamacare. She now pays $89/mo through Blue Cross for a decent insurance plan. I think that's a great thing.

Yes, I realize a govt subsidy(our taxes/debt) are making up some difference there. I am fine with that. We spend our tax dollars on many things less worthy than health insurance for a 60yr old citizen who has worked for +40yrs.

Ryan

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: Re: It's finally here on 01/01/2014 16:28:11 MST Print View

"Did you or your coworkers even bother to look at what was available on the exchanges? My mother, who lost her job just 2 years before her retirement, was able to get a gold plan for $17/month.

Or did you just keep complaining because you can't possibly entertain the idea that maybe you are wrong........"

Seems odd to me that someone, anyone, could brag about being on the receiving end of policies that essentially forces others to pay for.
It now seems to be the American way.

Although I started to not even respond to your question.... Too expensive until we can grow into a group policy or partially self insure which will probably be illegal. Appreciate your sarcastic concern, nonetheless.

Desert Dweller
(Drusilla)

Locale: Wild Wild West
Care on 01/01/2014 20:20:07 MST Print View

Yea but Fred, she's paying too, she has a job and pays her taxes.
I'm not saying I agree with the program, just making a statement.

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
ACA post enactment fun on 01/02/2014 09:48:46 MST Print View

Staying away from hearsay and sticking to my personal observations (I'm on federal BCBS not the state exchange):

Locally I'm seeing people lose hours from their jobs so the employers don't have to pay towards their premiums. It's becoming more and more commonplace. My brother-in-law's company cut hours before ACA was enacted so they could avoid paying subsidies.

Effective 1/1/14, Premera BCBS from the state exchange will not cover visits to two of the three local hospitals. From calling BCBS, my plan is unaffected. If I was on the state exchange and needed to go to the hospital, I'd have to bypass the hospital less than 10 minutes away from my house and go to one over 30 minutes away. This is a new development and everyone locally is trying to figure out what is going on and how/if this is tied in with ACA.

Out of curiosity, I plugged my numbers in the Wa State Exchange. Without a subsidy, they calculate my monthly premium for Silver coverage would be $901.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Socialized Medicine. on 01/03/2014 12:09:32 MST Print View

c

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Hospital ‘Turning Away Sick People,’ Because They ‘Can’t Determine Whether Their Obamacare Insurance Plans Are In Effect’ on 01/03/2014 19:02:40 MST Print View

http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2014/01/03/obamacares-cold-reality/

o