Forum Index » Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: Kathy syllabus on 10/30/2013 19:35:25 MDT Print View

"raised right hand, promised to tell truth, before the oversight committee, on live television... and says the website hasn't crashed? Does this not bother you? If she was going to lie, she could have picked more important, better questions, to do it."

Really, Fred, the whole thing bothers me, which is why I didn't watch the testimony (see previous post - political theater). Yes, it bothers me that our government officials lie to our faces. It also bothers me that the people questioning her don't really give a damn about figuring out what was wrong to help fix it or help folks trying to use it, they simply want to score political points and beat their chests for a bit. It bothers me that many people on 'both' sides (including many on these forums and in this thread) no longer really discuss the problems we face today - instead they keep their minds closed and regurgitate what's fed to them by their (highly partisan) sources of choice. It all bothers me - not just the stuff those 'on the other side' do, but the stuff they're ALL doing. So Sebelius doesn't bother me any more than Obama or Boehner or Pelosi or McConnell or Schumer or Ryan.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." on 10/30/2013 20:27:54 MDT Print View

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/30/politics/sebelius-hearing-5-things/

"Many might consider limited or no functionality as a "crash," but when asked for clarification, HHS spokeswoman Joanne Peters stuck by the secretary's assertion that the website has never crashed.
"As the secretary says, the site works," Peters said. "But it is slow and has a lot of user errors. But even on the first day, some people could get all the way through the system. So it did not crash. If it crashed, it would have been totally down.""

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kathy syllabus on 10/31/2013 07:39:11 MDT Print View

"Really, Fred, the whole thing bothers me"

Ditto. This govt is so big and out of control, it's actually funny, in a sad sort of way.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 10/31/2013 18:04:14 MDT Print View

Anti-Establishmentarianism. The REAL rebels on college campuses these days are conservatives.

a

Edited by bigfoot2 on 10/31/2013 18:06:09 MDT.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

ACA on 11/02/2013 11:51:36 MDT Print View

a

Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Re:ObamaCare on 11/03/2013 15:48:41 MST Print View

It would have been simpler just to extend Medicare to all, or at least give us the kinds of choices are overpaid and overperked so-called public servant politicians in Congress have. They yap on about the evils of "socialized medicine" but they see nothing wrong with having it for themselves. Face it: we taxpayers provide the politicians with that evil socialized medicine they are so happy with and get for life, but we can't have it. I'm sick of it all. Like everything else in this country now, good health is only for the rich.

Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Correction on 11/03/2013 15:49:46 MST Print View

Oops! Meant to write "our overpaid and overperked....", rather than "are".

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Rates going up on 11/05/2013 07:50:17 MST Print View

While I don't expect this thing to last until 2014 or at least have many teeth left, some municipalities are already getting their increase notifications for January 2014. I'm guessing when the employer exemption expires, the fan blades will either be slow, or not turning.

Idiots

Plan is to stabilize the website and then use media to encourage young people to sign up.
CMS Administrator

Edited by BFThorp on 11/05/2013 08:45:06 MST.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 11/05/2013 19:41:58 MST Print View

b

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Thumbs up to SF start up!! on 11/09/2013 08:35:24 MST Print View

They fixed some of the biggest problems with the .gov website in a few days and for free.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57611592/s.f-programmers-build-alternative-to-healthcare.gov/

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
No Health Insurance? Just Drink. Koch, not Coke. on 11/11/2013 18:03:24 MST Print View

"This is the strangest P.R. campaign yet against the Affordable Care Act. Generation Opportunity, the Koch-funded group behind the Creepy Uncle Sam ads, is throwing tailgate parties to “educate” young people about the exchanges. Read: To convince young people to forgo health insurance.---“The group is touring 20 different campuses this fall in a $750,000 effort to convince college students that they’re better off being uninsured than getting health coverage through Obamacare.”"

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/no-health-insurance-just-drink/?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

ObamaCare Navigators Caught Red-Handed: Lies, Deception & Fraud on 11/12/2013 11:36:20 MST Print View

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/93769-project-veritas-exposes-obamacare-navigator-corruption/

Fred Thorp
(BFThorp) - F
Re: ObamaCare Navigators Caught Red-Handed: Lies, Deception & Fraud on 11/12/2013 12:51:18 MST Print View

Another, "no one saw this coming".

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

ObamaCare Navigators Caught Red-Handed: Lies, Deception & Fraud on 11/12/2013 14:29:04 MST Print View

Awwww, what difference does it make, Fred?

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: ObamaCare Navigators Caught Red-Handed: Lies, Deception & Fraud on 11/12/2013 14:50:10 MST Print View

ahhh

O'Keefe

he's the guy that brought down Acorn

he edited video to make it look like ACORN was advising prostitutes how to avoid taxes

but actually, the ACORN person went along with it and then reported it to the police

ACORN never advised anyone how to avoid taxes

yet the damage was done. ACORN was demonized and put out of business. Just because Obama had worked for them and it was a way to attack Obama.

yeah - Obamacare would be another good political target

I can't believe you listen to this

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 11/12/2013 17:08:32 MST Print View

Jerry...and I can't believe you fall for that BS, either. Guess we're even.

M

Edited by bigfoot2 on 11/12/2013 17:09:03 MST.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?" on 11/12/2013 18:04:44 MST Print View

touche?

Ken Miller
(Powderpiggy)

Locale: Colorado
Numbers are in on 11/13/2013 17:10:23 MST Print View

Well the numbers are in and pretty disappointing as expected. The whole web site experience has got to be a real negative factor for everybody. Unfortunately those who need insurance are undoubtedly having trouble getting it.

This must also have a major impact on the financials, not that anyone in DC would give a hoot.

The critical need to sign up young people has probably been permanently set back due to the overall experience.

It's interesting that the government counted "abandoned shopping carts" in their totals, makes the data very suspect.

If a publicly held enterprises were to count abandoned shopping carts as recognized revenue, their officers would end up in prison.

We'll now see what happens with Democrats running for re-election in 2014. Kinda makes the government shutdown seem like distant history.

Maybe the President will fly to an elementary school and lecture us all on working harder to get enrolled.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) in Oregon? Nobody, aparently..... on 11/14/2013 13:40:31 MST Print View

Oregon's Governor Kitzhaber dispatches state cop to harass journalist (Oregon site worse than national ACA website--has zero sign-ups):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzrPTvFRmQ

Also, Obama is now telling insurance companies to fix his Obamacare lie by un-canceling plans when the only reason the plans were canceled in the first place was to comply with his law. No way they will be able to bring those plans back. That is more trouble than it would be worth for just one year. Those plans are gone and not coming back. What a mess. Pretty sure he can't just up and change the law, either...that's Congress' job according to the Constitution.

Edited by bigfoot2 on 11/14/2013 19:03:40 MST.

Dave Stoller
(BreakingAway)
All you really need to know about ObamaCare. on 11/14/2013 17:25:13 MST Print View

This is the actual dialogue that took place in getting ObamaCare through:

Obama: "We're gonna increase coverage and expand benefits for everyone".

Obama Supporter: "Awesome!".

O: "We're gonna provide coverage for 30 million uninsured".

O: "We're gonna have a website like Amazon or Kayak where anyone can go review a variety of plans and choose one that works best for them".

O: "If you like your current plan you can keep your current plan".

O: "The average family will see their premiums reduced by $2,500.00 per year".

O: "We're gonna bend the cost curve down".

O: "We're gonna reduce the deficit".

This stuff obviously impossible that any sort of sarcastic or snide remark inserted here seems redundant.