Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB Boys 5T gear and some winter gear for dad
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Litwiller
(ryanlitwiller) - F

Locale: Michigan
WTB Boys 5T gear and some winter gear for dad on 09/27/2013 09:47:06 MDT Print View

Looking for gear for my 5 y.o. son. I don't really have any proper clothing for him other then cheap polys from wally. Some convertible pants would be nice or any other clothing even if its bigger or smaller because he does also have an up and coming 2 Y.O. Bro! We are also in need of a good sleeping bag for him,(the ninja turtle one takes up his whole backpack....lol)I did pick up a nice TNF fleece and rain shell of TheClymb but a down sweater/vest would also be nice.

As for myself this is my first season of packing. I have a pretty good 3 season gear set up but I would like to extend into winter. So gloves, gaiters, down jacket, winter pants. Anything winter related hit me up I may be interested. I wear a medium with a 32 waist.

You can email me directly at litwi1rm@gmail.com

Thanks

Ryan Litwiller
(ryanlitwiller) - F

re on 09/29/2013 17:36:04 MDT Print View

anything?

James Arriola
(Ravs4fun) - M

Locale: Desert Southwest
Boys clothes on 09/29/2013 19:01:03 MDT Print View

You might want to check some of your local thrift stores for clothing for your son. I have found some good quality items for my two sons at local thrift stores. My 8 year old has a nice Icebreaker wool hoody that he uses all of the time that I bought at a thrift store.

Plus kids are pretty hard on clothes and grow so quickly that there is no need to spend a ton of money of clothes when in a few months that might out grew it.

I hope that helps. Good luck on your search.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Re on 09/29/2013 19:03:35 MDT Print View

I don't have any five year old stuff but here are some ideas. Check SierraTradingPost.com for pants and clothes. I don't think he has to have zip off pants to be comfortable (unless he wants zip offs like Daddy, that is very different).

For sleeping bags you have a couple options depending on money and what you're willing to try.

1. Have Tim Marshell make a kid sized quilt.

2. Cut an existing sleeping bag down to 5 year old size (you'll need to be able to sew a bit).

3. Look for a women's size small sleeping bag on sale. Sometimes XS stuff is on clearance because its the last to go.

Good luck!

Ryan Litwiller
(ryanlitwiller) - F

Re on 09/30/2013 18:03:10 MDT Print View

Thanks for the input guys. I got some good leads. I was also amazed at what I found at walmart. I picked up an ozark trail down sleeping bag rated for 32 degrees at only 22.5 ounces. It comes with a compression sack and packs down to about the size of a one liter bottle. I know its prolly low fill power but coming in at only $70 its hard to beat for my little guy.

Ryan Litwiller
(ryanlitwiller) - F

More on the walmart deal on 09/30/2013 18:09:43 MDT Print View

in my last post I was talking about a deal on a sleeping bag I found at wally world. Well I just looked up the bag on the walmart site and they have a deal for the same bag and a sleeping mat for $69. Thought I would pass this on as it seems like a hell of a deal, for people wanting to get into something lite w/o breaking the bank.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-32-Degree-Down-Mummy-Sleeping-Bag-and-Self-Inflating-Sleeping-Pad-Value-Bundle/24857581

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Re More on the Wal Mart Deal on 09/30/2013 18:13:58 MDT Print View

Glad you scored! By the way if that isn't warm enough Tim Marshell has a thread on quilt seconds he's selling to BPL members only (might need to join they start at $120 and go up from there).