Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris S
(csteutterman) - F

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness on 09/25/2013 10:40:19 MDT Print View

This past weekend, David W., James W. and I headed to Desolation Wilderness for a quick backpacking trip. I recently created a blog and posted the trip report there. The blog is still very much a work in progress and I'm just using one of their basic templates for now, but here's the link....

http://thewindblowshigh.blogspot.com/2013/09/cold-rain-and-snow-in-desolation.html

Edited by csteutterman on 09/25/2013 11:16:07 MDT.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
desolation on 09/25/2013 13:07:27 MDT Print View

Nice quick trip!

Sometimes there is nothing better than dry clothes and a warm sleeping bag.

Andrew F
(andrew.f) - F - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness on 09/25/2013 13:17:33 MDT Print View

Even the bad weather is good weather in California...

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Rain and Snow Desolation on 09/25/2013 13:41:01 MDT Print View

Sounds like a great trip Chris, James and David. Hopefully that bad weather was a look into the future because California needs snow and rain for sure! My sons B-day was super crazy and sorry I had to miss the trip.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness on 09/25/2013 17:40:58 MDT Print View

You took what I call the Lily Lake Trail but the FS still calls it and the more popular trail past the parking lot, the Glen Alpine TH, which if you had driven a few hundred yards further where there was paved parking and all, the proper TH would have started there. Nice pics, all the colors stood out well. I was at Susie in late July on my solo vacation, next to last night there. I did a loop out of Eagle Falls TH, down to Camper Flat, north to Buck Island, XC to Highland, over the mountain then to Lake #5? was it, then back over the mountain to Schmidell, then to Susie. Not many people out. I camped by myself for three nights.
Duane

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Cold Rain and Snow in Desolation Wilderness on 10/05/2013 17:56:05 MDT Print View

Nice!