November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
I LOVE Zpacks!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Steven Davis

Locale: SF Bay Area
I LOVE Zpacks! on 09/24/2013 00:05:02 MDT Print View

Sorry folks, but I have recently bought a ton of Zpacks stuff and I LOVE their stuff. I HAVE to sing their praises. I have their...

Hexamid Solo Tarp
Arc Blast Backpack
20 Degree Sleeping Bag
Microfleece Beanie

All these (minus the beanie) are only about a pound each. 3 of my "big 4" are Zpacks and they rock. Joe and Matt respond to all your questions and they're super friendly. Check em out. Just my 2 cents.

John Hillyer
(TrNameLucky) - MLife
beanie on 09/24/2013 04:34:11 MDT Print View

I love most ZPacks stuff but not the beanie. At first it was very tight which wasn't surprising given that I wear a large hat size. Then every bit of elasticity in the fabric gave up and only a giant could keep the hat on there head. Used for about a month and washed several times.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
I LOVE Zpacks! on 09/24/2013 06:48:26 MDT Print View

Yep, I have the Hex tent, Arc Blast and more than likely later this winter/spring, get a 30 sb. Love the weight.

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
I LOVE Zpacks on 09/24/2013 09:02:38 MDT Print View

yup....I also have the new Arc Blast and a handful of other products from Joe. Great gear! My new Arc Blast got its virgin journey a couple weeks ago. I completed a round trip hike of Section L of the PCT. That's the final section to distance of 128 miles in 5 days. The Arc Blast carried my 25 lb total weight great. It was an experiment in how much can I 'bend' the carbon frame to open the air gap. When I bent it to what I'd consider it's max, the two carbon stays started to poke me in by upper gluts. I had to relax the arch of the carbon stays and the 'poking' stopped....from there it was nothing but awesomeness.

Dena Kelley

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska
"I LOVE Zpacks!" on 09/24/2013 10:31:27 MDT Print View

I have their Goose Hood which is awesome for sleeping in.

I've been eyeing their shelters and their packs. All it takes is money. :)

alex hansen
money on 09/24/2013 10:50:31 MDT Print View

Once i get some of that... im in.

Sunny Waller
(dancer) - M

Locale: Southeast USA
Zbot on 09/24/2013 13:39:10 MDT Print View

You know you are a Zbot when your backpack, shelter, sleeping bag, rain gear , bear bag, pack liner, stuff sacks , guy lines , mini biners and yes even your tooth brush is Zpacks. ( I just had to get the tooth brush:)

Steven Davis

Locale: SF Bay Area
Re: Zbot on 09/24/2013 14:42:25 MDT Print View

i'm getting there. haha.