Forum Index » Pre-Trip Planning » Zion National Park - Shuttle Alternatives?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Zion National Park - Shuttle Alternatives? on 09/23/2013 16:46:58 MDT Print View

Good day all!

Taking some of the brats with me for a week in the field... As one segment, we're going to backpack the west rim trail. We have a campsite in the park at Watchman campground, and we have our permit for the back country... but I just found out that using the carrier shuttle service from the park to the trailhead is going to cost me $160 bucks for four of us! That's a bit much for my wallet and I don't want to just day hike all the nooks and crannies........... Anyone find an alternative? It's a one way shot from the campground to the lava point trailhead.... That is enough to darn near pay for a shelter etc... Are cabbies out of springdale any cheaper? Hints? Thanks in advance!

Ed

Aaron Davis
(ardavis324) - F
Re: Zion National Park - Shuttle Alternatives? on 09/26/2013 20:54:41 MDT Print View

Is your hike going to end up back in the canyon? You could take your own vehicle to the trailhead.

If so, just buy a single shuttle ticket at the end of the hike and go pick up your vehicle and return to your family.