November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Early November backpacking
Display Avatars Sort By:
Adam G
(anonwums) - MLife
Early November backpacking on 09/21/2013 18:45:57 MDT Print View

I have vacation 11/8 - 11/21, and I'm looking for a good backpacking trip. The length can be from 5 - 10 days if I can accomplish the travel during the remainder of the days. If there's a must-do but shorter backpacking route, I wouldn't mind car camping and doing day hikes during the rest of the time. I live in Southern California, and I plan on traveling by car.

I don't have too much experience with desert backpacking, and my winter skills are fairly week. I can manage some snow but anything involving snow shoes, an ice axe, or crampons is out for now.

Edward Z
(Fuzz) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Los Padres on 09/22/2013 20:54:10 MDT Print View

I'd recommend hitting up the Los Padres NF and seeing some of the loops Nick Bobroff and others have put on here. You can easily put a few days together using the Sespe, Gene Marshall, Ventana wilderness......... Or Zion / Utah.................. Escalante etc.........

Just a couple ideas!