Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Sweet ad
Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 14:46:14 MDT Print View

Don't know about sobbing uncontrollably, but very sweet nonetheless.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/watch-thai-commercial-has-half-world-sobbing-uncontrollably-152481

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 15:08:58 MDT Print View

yeah, tear jerker

I've heard that story before

The only thing that bothers me is, the reason you should do kindness to others (give away wool shirts for example) is to make yourself feel good and to cause a ripple of good feelings spreading out throughout the world which also makes yourself feel good, not that you'll be paid back : )

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 15:10:35 MDT Print View

Effing dust in my eye.

Peter S (masc. ├╝ber linear logical club)
(prse) - MLife

Locale: Denmark
argh... on 09/18/2013 16:51:37 MDT Print View

I was 3/4 through the ad and still thinking "i'm gonna puke...", but then at the end I couldn't stop smiling...damn you ;-)

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 16:58:33 MDT Print View

Doug,

Thanks. The video softened me up and turned on the tears.

Your generous attitude here at BPL reminds me of the generous restaurant owner.

Daryl

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 18:17:19 MDT Print View

"Your generous attitude here at BPL reminds me of the generous restaurant owner."

That's only because I know I'm going to need a doctor some day......

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Re: Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 18:51:38 MDT Print View

"Your generous attitude here at BPL reminds me of the generous restaurant owner."

That's only because I know I'm going to need a doctor some day......

No, no, no

You're doing it because it will release good hormones like oxytocin that will keep you healthy and not require doctor

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Re: Sweet ad on 09/18/2013 21:26:23 MDT Print View

""Your generous attitude here at BPL reminds me of the generous restaurant owner."

That's only because I know I'm going to need a doctor some day......"

I thought you were a self admitted Dick, or is that short for Richard?

Desert Dweller
(Drusilla)

Locale: Wild Wild West
Ad on 09/18/2013 23:40:23 MDT Print View

No a big dick is a DORK! HA..
Nice ad well done.
Giving is something that should be done because you want to, not for any rewards. Feeling good is nice, but it's temporary. IMHO there has to be a deeper meaning to it. I was a member and later on the director of a very prominent southwestern (501) c 3 for over a decade and saw many sides to charity, and not all of it good, but much of it selfless and generous. Being in that group taught me a lot about the judicious and careful ways we can give to others. Had some of the best times of my life giving and giving and not expecting anything back except the feeling of a job well done.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Ad on 09/19/2013 08:11:48 MDT Print View

I think there tends to be a difference between individuals spontaneously giving to others, and a charity organization. I don't fully trust a lot of charities myself, but i do think some are good.

I have sort of a different view of giving than most here i expect. I've had experiences with what i can only call the Oneness or unity of life and consciousness. In a very real sense, i know that we ALL are part of a larger whole self. What we do to each individual, unique part of that whole, we essentially do to the whole and to our selves. This is the essential core reason of why when we give spontaneously from the heart, we feel good and it makes us happy or at peace. Or why when we treat other parts of the whole like crap with bad or hurtful intention, we tend to feel crappy, unhappy, dissatisfied within (though often we try to cover that over with various outside distractions) or we become imbalanced. I've actually met very few, truly, consistently happy, joyous, and balanced people in my life so far, and i'm very good at reading and looking into people.

So Love, and giving in a sense, is sort of "self"ish, but at the same time it's got to come from the heart and be more from a spontaneous feeling level. Also, it's pretty easy (in ime at least) to give away that which is not that precious or necessary to self. I wonder in relation to myself and people in general, if i could easily give away those things which are precious or necessary to self? That's where the real measure of self and givingness is. I find it to be harder, and i suppose that's because i still have plenty of true selfishness (the little self concern) left to transform.

Anyways, the add is nice and refreshing.