Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Zimmerbuilt Packs on 09/28/2013 21:16:02 MDT Print View

Just came back from a quick, uber hot and uber wet overnight hike with my new Zimmerbuilt pack and I have to say WOW. I packed a little heavy on purpose to get a feel for the pack, and for a bit of exercise. The XPac was waterproof enough to keep my stuff dry in a nasty pouring rain (I have not seam sealed it yet...), the belt and straps were amazing, I never felt the pack at all. Granted I only had about 17 pounds in it, but it felt soooooo good on my back, the belt was comfy and the pack carried like a dream.

Can't wait to give it a bigger workout.....

Thanks Chris!!!!!!

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Where did you go Jennifer on 09/28/2013 21:33:38 MDT Print View

Jennifer glad you found a place to hiker in Texas (I'm assuming you did it in Texas). Where'd you go?

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Where did you go Jennifer on 09/28/2013 22:09:43 MDT Print View

Did a single night on the Lake Georgetown loop. It was actually a sweet trail and as soon as it gets cooler here I'm going to do the whole thing. CharlieDog and I were a tad toooooooo hot!!

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Re Re Where did you go Jennifer on 09/28/2013 22:17:35 MDT Print View

Well sorry for the thread drift but based on the earlier Texas thread I'm glad you found a place to go. I'm too far away for Lake Georgetown so I'll be checking out the Guads soon.

casey hardin
(WetFeet) - M
GuMo; Bear & McKittrik... on 09/29/2013 00:20:41 MDT Print View

Luke, I am planning for my ARk Autumn trip; so I followed up on your April Eagle Rock Loop thread. I was glad to see you got closer to the Rockies. Gotta love those Ouachita colors in Autumn too... GuMo is beautiful in mid/late Oct. Whether you take Bear Canyon, or ascend through McKittrick you'll find those both 'good & steep' and they will keep you stopping 'to take pictures'. Guad Pk is OK; but, I'd suggest a quick there and back. Take ur water for the ' sky island' assault though, and have fun! Heck, it's in your 'backyard' now...
peace, casey.

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Re: Re: Where did you go Jennifer on 09/29/2013 00:47:27 MDT Print View

Where did you set up camp? I've only hiked out there, never camped. In fact, I was out there last week with my girlfriend and baby boy hiking clockwise starting at Cedar Breaks. We didn't go far, as we both agreed that the Baby Bjorn is a torture device. I ended up just carrying him in my arms or over my shoulder. So now I'm looking for a child-carrier pack.