Does BPL no longer let us "F" (for FUN) members receive thread updates? I haven't gotten a single one, and have been missing out on all the discussion. Anywhoo... I'll manually follow along.
Re: the proposed date in April - sounds good to me.
Re: the direction - East to West gets the big climb out of the way early, correct? If so, and if that provides a bailout at ~30 miles in, it seems to make a lot of sense. I'd much rather face that big climb at the start than at the end.
Re: the pace - I plan on being at the back whatever that means. Not sure how I'll fare on this one, but my personal goal would be finishing in under 13 hours.
Re: Eugene and Mike's races - Congrats guys. I need to get running asap, will start tomorrow! Been a looong summer of relative lethargy.
Re: Craig's photo of Kikuchiyo - Good stuff, that used to be my avatar :)
Re: training thread - I'm in! Just don't laugh at my starting mileages, like I said, I haven't been running... my activities this summer closely resemble Doug's training program.
Questions on my brain...
- From what I've read I don't assume water will be an issue, just a matter of carrying enough between sources. I've read a little about the various spots to camel up, have any of you checked this out, and if so what's your plan?
- Are we carrying all of our calories this time, or will it be possible to do a single re-supply at some point? My impression was, the former.
- I have a runner friend who is interested in joining if everyone is ok with it. He's in good shape and a pretty chilled out guy. Anyone object to a non-BPL'er joining us?
- Sandra D will be along for support once again.
- It's possible that I'm about to take a dirt nap and none of the above will be pertinent. I have to meet up with a cardiologist soon. My heart was doing some strange stuff about a month ago. Got checked out by the doc, hooked up to robots and stuff... everything looked fine, so I'm not sure what's up. I'll keep you posted or, if I just die, then remember my mantra: A.B.B ...always be berserking!