Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Black Diamond Ultra Distance Trekking Poles - 120 cm

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephen Collins
(stephencwcollins)

Locale: New England
FS: Black Diamond Ultra Distance Trekking Poles - 120 cm on 09/16/2013 12:36:25 MDT Print View

$60 shipped conus

These poles are extremely light and work great. I am only selling them because I prefer the length of the 130 cm version.

The poles are in great condition - basically new except for maybe a few scratches. I removed the hand loops because I find they get in the way more than anything. I have used the poles only once on a day hike.

[edit: price drop]

Edited by stephencwcollins on 02/04/2014 13:55:42 MST.

rob wilson
(setterhills) - M

Locale: michigan
BD poles on 09/16/2013 13:56:23 MDT Print View

where the straps removed in a way that they can be put back on?

Stephen Collins
(stephencwcollins)

straps on 09/16/2013 14:29:55 MDT Print View

The straps can't be reattached. I chopped them off.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Maybe reduce the price? on 09/16/2013 14:42:31 MDT Print View

Hiking pole straps are actually essential for a lot of users. It allows you to rest your wrists during each push. I wouldn't use poles without straps, ever.

I think it's going to be extremely difficult to sell these without the straps. Just a warning...

J H L
(jacoblevinsky) - F

Locale: Katahdin
Just fine on 09/16/2013 15:08:21 MDT Print View

Hiking pole straps are actually non-essential for a lot of users. It allows you more freedom of hand placements. I wouldn't use poles with straps, ever.

I'm sure someone will like the poles without the straps.

Stephen Collins
(stephencwcollins)

straps on 09/16/2013 21:43:58 MDT Print View

I hope we can all agree that straps are just a matter of personal preference. My 2 cents:

I like that straps can give you a little extra oomph when pushing off and allow you to rest your hands. They're also useful for making sure your poles don't accidentally go scrambling down the side of a steep trail.

But ultimately, for me, I found they get in the way most of the time, especially when hiking up and down trails around my neck of the woods (New England) where people seem to not believe in switchbacks. I frequently have to move my hands around the poles when hiking up and down steep trails, so the straps just get in the way. I was hiking out in California recently and could see how straps would be more useful in the smoother trails in the Sierras, but I'd still rather go without them. In my (limited) experience, then, straps have been mostly dead weight that occasionally is useful and frequently annoying. :-)

That's just my experience though. Live and let live.

Anyway, the poles are still available!

Price drop to $75 shipped. As long as you can live without the straps (I certainly can), these poles are a great deal since they're practically new (again, only used once on a day hike!) and retail for about $160 last time I checked.

Stephen Collins
(stephencwcollins)

Price drop on 09/17/2013 23:11:29 MDT Print View

Down to $70

Stephen Collins
(stephencwcollins)

Price drop (again) on 09/19/2013 13:55:10 MDT Print View

Down to $65

Stephen Collins
(stephencwcollins)

Down to $60 on 09/23/2013 09:06:24 MDT Print View

$100 less than retail price... and they're in like new condition!

George Maung
(georgemaung) - F

Locale: BayArea
I want to buy it. on 09/23/2013 16:04:47 MDT Print View

Hello

I would like to buy the hiking poles. I send you an e-mail with a request.

Thanks.

George Maung
(georgemaung) - F

Locale: BayArea
Payment sent. on 09/24/2013 10:28:20 MDT Print View

Payment Sent.

Thanks.