Forum Index » Chaff » BPL Gang Members

Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
BPL Gang Members on 09/16/2013 08:30:40 MDT Print View

I've passed a lot of backpackers on the trails this summer and often wondered if they were people who post here.

To help with identifying members I suggest that we wear something on the front of us that lets people know that we are BPL members. But what? It would have to be light, visible and, of course, tasteful.

How about simply using a felt tip to write BPL on the bill of our hat or cap? We also need to adopt a special handshake or gesture.

This shouldn't be difficult to adopt and implement. Gang members do it everyday.

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: BPL Gang Members on 09/16/2013 09:24:55 MDT Print View

Once upon a time I think there were stickers? It wouldn't be hard to find a small company to make patches or stickers, but you'd need Ryan's permission. And of course they would weigh something. Perhaps temporary tattoos?

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Re: BPL Gang Members on 09/16/2013 09:32:52 MDT Print View

"Perhaps temporary tattoos?"

Temporary?

Permanent tattoos would be required for Life Members.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: BPL Gang Members on 09/16/2013 14:18:07 MDT Print View

You can size up a BPLer with their gear. Met a lady on the Wonderland who was carrying a Ohm and using some kind of tarp as a shelter. Turns out she's not active on BPL but through-hiked the CDT. It was nice to actually meet someone in real life who is knowledgeable about gear and who could share some insight from a through-hike.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 09/16/2013 14:18:42 MDT.