Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Patagonia Houdini $75.98
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike Klinefelter
(mjkline)

Locale: Southern California
Patagonia Houdini $75.98 on 06/14/2007 07:20:32 MDT Print View

Prolitegear.com has the Patagonia Houdini on sale for $75.98, all sizes currently available.

Dirk Rabdau
(dirk9827) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Patagonia Houdini $75.98 on 06/14/2007 20:53:58 MDT Print View

Mike:

Thanks for the notice but I can't seem to find the Houdini on their website for less than 124.00. Do you have a link?

Thanks!

Dirk

Jason Shaffer
(PA_Jay) - F

Locale: on the move....
Re: Re: Patagonia Houdini $75.98 on 06/15/2007 07:05:53 MDT Print View

Ditto. Is there a coupon code or something?

Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Re: Re: Re: Patagonia Houdini $75.98 on 06/15/2007 07:19:04 MDT Print View

Not there anymore. I did a search for Houdini yesterday to verify and it came up immediately.

Mike Klinefelter
(mjkline)

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Re: Re: Patagonia Houdini $75.98 on 06/15/2007 14:32:26 MDT Print View

It appears that ProliteGear stopped the sale on all Patagonia clothing (including all the Wool 2 & 3 clothing that had a big discount). If you do a Froogle.com search for Patagonia Houdini it still comes up showing ProliteGear at $75.98. I think they must have stopped the sale sometime on 6/14 after my post.

Adrian B
(adrianb) - MLife

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand
Back on sale? on 06/28/2007 02:24:15 MDT Print View

Seems to be back on sale ?

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
All houdini sizes, and a great pack on 06/28/2007 02:46:06 MDT Print View

Mens and Womens, and a great deal on the Patagonia Lightweight travel pack. I paid full price and still think its a deal. Makes a good day-hike pack and has a removable sit-pad, and clever straps which can be compression straps or a waist strap.

http://www.prolitegear.com/patagonia_lightweight_travel_pack.html

Siegmund Beimfohr
(SigBeimfohr) - M
Re: All houdini sizes, and a great pack on 06/28/2007 09:04:30 MDT Print View

Brett,
I've been looking for a small daypack and the Travel Pack is on my short list (found the REI UL Flash too short if using the waist strap and want side pockets). How useful are the side mesh pockets on the Patagonia Lightweight travel pack? They appear very narrow; one of the pictures on Patagonia 's web site looks like a small fuel bottle. Any idea what type of bottle they'll hold (24 oz Gatoraide or other narrow water bottle)? I assume a quart nalgene would be too large? Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: From Jackets to Packs on 06/28/2007 11:08:47 MDT Print View

I'm not Brett... but since he has so shamelessly hijacked a Houdini thread to peddle a travel pack (!), I'll add my two cents...

The pack looks great for day hikes! But if you plan to use this for your travels -- when you may access the pack multiple times a day, then having to buckle/unbuckle/adjust three straps plus an internal cord and cord lock every time can be a chore. I suppose three straps will help scrunch down the pack more effectively than one, but I don't think one needs so many adjustments for a pack that's pretty small to begin with.

For travel use, I like my day pack to be both light and simple -- I access mine frequently in the course of a day... taking out or putting back a guidebook or jacket, putting in small souvenirs collected during the day, etc. Thanks also to Brett, I got a MontBell Versalite 20:

It's simpler, and I like the large bottom exterior pocket which occupies the entire lower third of the pack, with one opening on each side (all connected).

The address below leads to my review write up as well as a link to BPL's spotlight review of this pack.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=8013&cat=Backpacks%20%2D%20Frameless&cid=13

Edited by ben2world on 06/28/2007 12:00:28 MDT.

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
Thanks Ben,, on 06/29/2007 03:47:12 MDT Print View

you skillfully pirated this thread much better than I did, complete with pics.. : ) both are great light travel packs. Tough to choose only one.
About the Patatonia, you can release the two side buckles and they become a waist belt, leaving only one side-release clip and an internal drawstring securing the main compartment..

Edited by Brett1234 on 06/29/2007 03:47:49 MDT.