My final frontier: Pack and Tent - suggestions?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Mahler
(jrmahler) - M

Locale: Michigan
Zpacks on 09/11/2013 19:35:46 MDT Print View

I went through a similar conversion early this year. I swapped an Osprey Kestrel 48 and REI Quarterdome 3 for a Zpacks Arc Blast and Hexamid Twin.

My guess is that there are several tents or tarp/bivy combinations that would work, but this one is light and very easy to set up. I have had my 60# dog in it with me and had plenty of room.

For the back, it is a semi framed back that really seems to make the pack feel lighter. I am typically in the 15# range and it is like nothing. I have had it up to 29# and it felt like a 20# pack.

Overall, great quality and excellent options for customization made the cost worthwhile for me.

Anthony Meaney
(ameaney) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Zpacks on 09/11/2013 19:47:19 MDT Print View

Jason:

I was just looking at that very site today. I was a little concerned about their torso measurements which seem a little long.

I am going to measure using their method just to make sure but my torso length using the standard measuring technique is just over 15" (short) their short is 20 inches.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
My final frontier: Pack and Tent - suggestions? on 09/11/2013 20:28:31 MDT Print View

Google failed me, so I have to ask :
what is this ssa you are talking about ?

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: My final frontier: Pack and Tent - suggestions? on 09/11/2013 20:42:29 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 10/30/2013 15:01:32 MDT.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Re: My final frontier: Pack and Tent - suggestions? on 09/11/2013 21:19:02 MDT Print View

Or yahoo, or altavista ;-)

Anthony Meaney
(ameaney) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: My final frontier: Pack and Tent - suggestions? on 09/13/2013 14:01:00 MDT Print View

Franco:

Sorry, I just got around to watching the video now. Very informative. My dog is smaller than a sleeping pad (but bigger than your cat :) )so it should be ok.

Thanks for putting up the video