Ultralight Group Cooking
Display Avatars Sort By:
James Klein
(jnklein21) - M

Locale: Southeast
Re: Ultralight Group Cooking on 09/06/2013 19:04:36 MDT Print View

If Bob G was really on his game he would have noticed Ken's immediate summary before he had purchased it....oh wait.

I imagine Bob doesn't really need financial advice -- of coarse maybe its time for him to purchase a new fast zoom camera lense??

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Ultralight Group Cooking on 09/06/2013 19:09:40 MDT Print View

"If Bob G was really on his game he would have noticed Ken's immediate summary before he had purchased it....oh wait."

Of course I read Ken's summary. I didn't just notice it.

"I imagine Bob doesn't really need financial advice -- of coarse maybe its time for him to purchase a new fast zoom camera lense??"

Of course. And of course I have a new fast zoom camera lens.

What is your point, exactly?

--B.G.--

James Klein
(jnklein21) - M

Locale: Southeast
levity on 09/06/2013 20:05:29 MDT Print View

Simmer down Bob.

Point 1: Ken blessed us with his cliff notes within 10 mins of the article....only to have his post deleted. The joke was, "well if Bob just would have read Ken's review then he wouldn't have been hoodwinked....'oh wait' Kens negative summary was deleted"

Point 2: I am sure you are well able to forecast whether you will be better off buying the few articles you're likely to be interested in separately or dropping $25 all at once...and the horror if you end up wanting to see 7-8 articles in a year. The joke was "Then again, I could be wrong (with your interest in photographing wildlife), if it is time to buy a new lens (wouldn't be cheap right?), then examples of how to get the most mileage outta each $5 or $10 bill might be highly welcomed.

For what its worth, I was gonna right..."whenever Bob wants to read an article he just logs in under gross bob"

Edited by jnklein21 on 09/06/2013 20:07:01 MDT.

John Hillyer
(TrNameLucky) - MLife
Re: Re: BPL Standards on 09/06/2013 21:07:33 MDT Print View

Ken,

OK...so how does one receive or find the weekly newsletter. First I have heard of it.

Thanks

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: levity on 09/06/2013 21:23:55 MDT Print View

" For what its worth, I was gonna right..."whenever Bob wants to read an article he just logs in under gross bob" "

That would be Cameron Kennedy.

--B.G.--

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
stand on 09/08/2013 19:16:58 MDT Print View

Ive always used a circle of wire mesh thats a little less than the ID of pot.
simple, cheap, readily available.

What the maker of this doesnt realize, is that the distance from the stove to the pot is critical on alcohol stoves. You want flame to cover the pot bottom, but not go up sides to be most efficient.

One size dont fit all.

Its not a very good idea IMO, and its frickin heavy too.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Article or Ad? on 09/09/2013 06:43:52 MDT Print View

Hopefully BPL will see this as a learning experience. We still have expected standards of quality from this publication. And the bar is set above this one, certainly.

Richard May
(richardmay)

Locale: Costa Rica
some amazing stuff on 09/09/2013 07:48:19 MDT Print View

There are some amazing articles on BPL and honestly hope to see more stuff like this. How about thermoregulation in deserts and tropical rain-forests?

This, well... it is seriously under par.

Peter S (masc. ├╝ber linear logical club)
(prse) - MLife

Locale: Denmark
Quality vs Quantity on 09/09/2013 08:04:58 MDT Print View

Rather have one good article per week than 1 good and 1 mediocre "fill article".

Jacob Smith
(Wrongturn) - MLife

Locale: The Soda
Re: on 10/09/2013 17:40:37 MDT Print View

Lite trail 1600 and a Monatauk gnat for group cooking. Even use the canister stand for extra stability.