Semi-UL for me anyways
Display Avatars Sort By:
Christopher Chupka
(FatTexan) - M

Locale: NTX
Semi-UL for me anyways on 06/11/2007 19:41:37 MDT Print View

This is aimed towards CO 11,000 feet on up. Mostly carrying the gear up to a "basecamp" to try some Fourteeners. I will end up carrying the pack over a few high passes.

Water is usually available so I carry just the 1 liter Platy, with one in reserve. I will wear a Silkweight top and carry the bottoms in the pack. (Usually what I sleep in). The Spraymaster Jacket is kinda heavy but it moves very well over difficult terrain. (Maybe overkill on the clothing but I have been miserable on certain occasons and don't like it)

My food weight is about 4 pounds. High calorie Snickers, brownies and such. Cheaper than energy bars and much tastier, although hardly what I would call organic. The only food missing is some fresh bagels that I will grab when I get closer to the trail.

I am debating regarding the conditions if they require an ice axe.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
BPL A
Amp
Clothing
Cooking
Food and Water

Edited by FatTexan on 06/20/2007 08:25:11 MDT.

Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Re: Semi-UL for me anyways on 06/11/2007 21:16:57 MDT Print View

Is the empty 1 liter Platypus really 1.8 oz?

Christopher Chupka
(FatTexan) - M

Locale: NTX
Re: Re: Semi-UL for me anyways on 06/12/2007 05:45:29 MDT Print View

Oops, the 1.8 is for both bottles empty.

I did not realize how much water weighs until I broke out the scale. When in the field in the military I will carry 8 liters of water. 3 liter hydration in ruck, 3 liter in removeable Camelbak, and 2 1 liter canteens in web gear.