legalize it
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Life in America's Alternate Universe on 09/05/2013 08:08:01 MDT Print View

"But the media (and many of us) jumped on it without hearing a shred of evidence, based solely on our own misguided preconceptions."

I can't tell if my perception of the world changes as I get older but it seems that more and more Americans are opting to live in an alternate universe instead of using basic critical thinking skills to try and determine the facts. This isn't a dig at anyone on this thread as it's pretty tame in comparison to other sources.

I made the mistake of clicking on a video relating to an alleged Police 4th Amendment violation and have now been targeted by YouTube to receive every foil hat conspiracy theory in the history of the world. Some of the related viewer comments range from massively misinformed to downright disturbing. Comments such as...

1) "US Border Patrol does not have arrest authority 25 miles away from the border." In reality Title 8 USC gives them general arrest authority anywhere in the U.S. They arrest hundreds if not thousands of US citizens every year for Alien Smuggling and other offenses related to immigration enforcement.

2) "If you pull your gun out you should are committed to fire it." WTF? Promoting killing someone when a threat has disappeared?

Not trying to start a proxy flame by saying the "G" word.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Rim Fire probably not caused by pot farm on 09/05/2013 08:27:48 MDT Print View

"I was suspicious of those reports for the simple reason that it seemed to me that an outdoor grow is not going to be using electricity, except perhaps a generator to pump water. So how would the fire start?..."

Good point James. I had just googled that same LA Times article and heard it on network TV news.

If they say "may have" can they just spread or even make up any rumour they feel like?

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: Re: Rim Fire probably not caused by pot farm on 09/07/2013 11:29:55 MDT Print View

Hunter not grower according to the US Forest Service.