6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Back from the GGG on 01/27/2014 21:10:13 MST Print View

A special shout out, but not listed as friend, nice. ;-p

I still have that photo......

Was great to spend more time with you Doug. You're always welcome.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Back from the GGG on 01/27/2014 21:33:01 MST Print View

"A special shout out, but not listed as friend, nice. ;-p"

Oh, you're much more than a friend, big boy.....

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Back from the GGG on 01/27/2014 22:19:20 MST Print View

I'm back in Portland now, but certainly could have used a little more time at Henry Coe, a fantastic state park. Thanks to all for the great conversation and comaraderie. It's nice that 80+ (100?) people, many of whom have never met face-to-face, can gather, share ideas and stories and gear, and just get along.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Back from the GGG on 01/27/2014 22:20:33 MST Print View

Love you too Hun.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/27/2014 22:21:45 MST Print View

What did I just get in the middle of?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/27/2014 22:25:44 MST Print View

"What did I just get in the middle of?"

Who are you kidding, that's where you're always trying to be.....

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/27/2014 22:49:20 MST Print View

Aw, now I'm blushing.

Off-topic, when I got home, my wife was telling me about how my daughters missed me while I was gone (a whole 36 hours). She asked what they missed and they said things about hearing me in the kitchen or making them breakfast. Stuff like that. Then my 8-year-old said, "I miss how I can hear him always typing on the computer and saying "Blah blah blah, this backpack has a lot of pockets blah blah blah."

No respect.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/27/2014 23:43:04 MST Print View

"What did I just get in the middle of?"

I believe the term is "lucky Pierre"...

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/27/2014 23:54:02 MST Print View

Attention.

Do not Google "Lucky Pierre."

That is all.

Matthew Black
(mtblack)
Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/28/2014 01:09:37 MST Print View

Mr. Paris, you have just confirmed that you have the best of all that life offers.

Doug Smith
(Jedi5150) - F - M

Locale: Central CA
Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/28/2014 22:29:49 MST Print View

"... Then my 8-year-old said, "I miss how I can hear him always typing on the computer and saying "Blah blah blah, this backpack has a lot of pockets blah blah blah."

Steven, there must be something in the air that causes daughters to be sarcastic. When my oldest daughter was turning 12, we asked her if she wanted a .22 rifle for her birthday. She said, "Oh, that would be awesome! I'll spray paint it camouflaged, and then sell it, then use that money to buy a different one...then I'll spray paint the new one, and then sell it..." I can't be certain but I think she might have been mocking me.

Hahahaha

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 02/02/2014 01:14:02 MST Print View

For all of you that saw the little camera holder that I had setup at the GGG, they are now available for purchase. Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback I got and I hope they prove to be super useful for those of you that need a little accessory like this!

Diana Vann
(DianaV) - MLife

Locale: Wandering
Re: Thanks Ken for a great event! on 02/02/2014 10:39:12 MST Print View

I want to say a big thanks to Ken for putting the GGG together once again. Ken, it's clear that you put a lot of time an effort into making it happen.

It was great to see friends from the past and to make some new ones. As had already been said, Thanks Ken for a great event!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 02/02/2014 15:27:36 MST Print View

Thanks to all who attended. Another great weekend with friends old an new. Have some changes planned for the next one.
I've been enjoying the posted photos and comments in the Photo Gallery thread as well.

And to those companies that don't respond to their Facebook messages or e mail, tisk, tisk.

Edited by kthompson on 02/02/2014 19:50:35 MST.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 02/02/2014 19:43:49 MST Print View

Ken,

Slow going on the photos on my end.

It really is a bit of work for me to try to research the gear in the shelters and to put the hyperlinks in.

I like the results, but hate the process of doing it.

On the plus side of things, I just ordered a Snow Leopard Cooking System from Jon at Flat Cat Gear. :)

GGG is not good for my gear fetish....lol.

Tony

Edited by Valshar on 02/02/2014 20:25:07 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 02/02/2014 20:18:15 MST Print View

Was great to see you Tony, and to meet the family. Thanks again for everything. I know I'm not the only one who enjoys your photo essays. We all appreciate the effort it takes.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

6th Annual G.G.G. Photo Essay Complete on 02/12/2014 01:13:23 MST Print View

2014 Gathering of Gear Geeks: GGG

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Need Help: Photos of Dan's Zelph Stoves at the GGG!!! on 02/15/2014 10:59:18 MST Print View

To everyone who attended the GGG,

I need your help because I showed up late at this year's GGG and missed out on some critical photos.

Dan, from Zelph Stoves, donated over $300 of his stoves to be given away FREE at this year's GGG.

The box originally contained 21 "Venom Super Stoves", 4 "Fancee Feest" stoves, 6 "Modified StarLyte burners" with cap, 6 "original StarLyte burners" with cap, 12 "carbon felt simmer discs" that could be used with the StarLyte burners, the 12-10 stove and Flatcatgear's titanium alcohol stove.

I don't have ANY photos of Dan's Stoves or showing any of the lucky people who was lucky enough to receive one of his stoves.

To anyone who was fortunate enough to get one of Dan's stoves, could you please email me a photo of yourself holding his stove or any pictures you have from the GGG with Dan's stove? (Heck, I don't mind if you take a picture today at your house holding his stove).

Dan made a HUGE and Generous donation to the GGG and the least that I/we can do is to make sure that the photo essay shows his stoves and his generosity.

You can email me any pictures you have to friskyrn @ yahoo.com

$300 of donated gear is a lot for a cottage manufacture.

Thanks for your help...just trying to do right by Dan for all of his efforts.

Tony

Edited by Valshar on 02/15/2014 11:01:26 MST.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Re: Need Help: Photos of Dan's Zelph Stoves at the GGG!!! on 02/15/2014 12:43:08 MST Print View

Tony,

Thanks for this. I don't have any pictures, unfortunately, but for those at the GGG, these stove kits were in a bin inside the "welcome tent" near the name tags.

I think if the fire ban hadn't been in place, we would have seen a lot of Starlyte kits at the GGG! I didn't bring mine for that reason.

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Locale: www.bplite.com
Re: Re: Need Help: Photos of Dan's Zelph Stoves at the GGG!!! on 02/19/2014 16:19:47 MST Print View

>>>I think if the fire ban hadn't been in place, we would have seen a lot of Starlyte kits at the GGG! I didn't bring mine for that reason.>>>

Steven, Flatcatgear and Trail Designs were using alcohol....should have brought your alchy stoves or fired up one of the freebee give aways. Ken said he was bringing the alcohol. (fuel);-)

How did you heat your water/meal?