Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Display Avatars Sort By:
E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England
Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.) on 01/04/2014 17:06:20 MST Print View

"With as many as we have coming what won't we have there?" Agreed : ) The problem: so many people, so much gear, so little time. It makes it sooo much easier when you know that John X is bringing Y and Z.

I like the idea of a separate thread with a link to it in the first post of this thread.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.) on 01/04/2014 19:27:12 MST Print View

It makes it sooo much easier when you know that John X is bringing Y and Z.

John A will be bring this stuff (and probably more) to use and let others play with.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.) on 01/05/2014 12:32:55 MST Print View

"I like the idea of a separate thread with a link to it in the first post of this thread."

Done.

Whatcha Bringing?

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Re: Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.) on 01/05/2014 13:09:59 MST Print View

I'll be going SUL.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.) on 01/05/2014 15:04:16 MST Print View

Please bring your UL finery. No awards given for the lightest pack at this event.

Three weeks from now at this time it will be over, and we'll be headed back north.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.) on 01/05/2014 15:10:36 MST Print View

Enough folks won't mind bringing extra food, water, distilled or brewed drinks, shelter, wood, wipes, Heet packets, chairs etc. that all be covered.

Edited to add.
I am putting together my list and will post it once I make up my mind. For sure it will be a hammock though.

Edited by Kat_P on 01/05/2014 15:12:40 MST.

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

May only be 2 Caffin stoves left on 01/05/2014 15:57:58 MST Print View

Will confirm with Roger, but looks like there may be only 2 stoves left in this GGG batch.

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

How about a GGG Gear Swap thread? on 01/05/2014 16:02:13 MST Print View

Ken can we set up a thread for what people plan to bring to Trade/Sell at the GGG Gear Swap? The cottage guys like Kat's Mountaingoat Hats and Goods, Flat Cat Gear, SMD, Trail Designs could post what they're bringing as well. I have no problem starting the thread, but wanted to ask first in case someone already has a list going.

Edited by mountainwalker on 01/05/2014 16:03:36 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: How about a GGG Gear Swap thread? on 01/05/2014 18:49:49 MST Print View

OK OK I'll get back to work.

Gearswap thread here.

GGG Gear Swap Live!

Edited by kthompson on 01/05/2014 18:55:18 MST.

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

Only 2 stoves left Re: Caffin Stove Group Ship for GGG; Save $26.25! on 01/05/2014 20:11:13 MST Print View

So far 6 are claimed and only 2 stoves remain for this group ship (only 8 stoves can fit in the 1 Kg box). Please contact Roger to paypal him $120 + $5.40 in Paypal fees for the stove; please hold off on paypaling shipping to me until the total per person is known.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/06/2014 20:41:21 MST Print View

Almost full once again. 2 spots left. That will be all there will be this time. I will not add on anymore.

Edited by kthompson on 01/09/2014 08:14:47 MST.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/06/2014 23:08:34 MST Print View

Sent you a PM, Ken.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/07/2014 21:27:56 MST Print View

I don't care to install some new MapQuest app, so found directions/map thru Google Maps. I'll be coming from the East, down out of the mountains to 99, then to 5 from Stockton, snow permitting as this seems the shortest route. Taking 5 south to 152 and Gilroy, heading north after Gilroy on 101. Which exit do I take for E Dunne Ave. to get to the Park? Is it marked/signed? Some other info I got, had me turning on yet another road every few tenths of a mile or so it seemed. Too much info to write down and I don't have a GPS. I use wet-finger-in-the-wind technology. With the Google info, I only need 8 points of info to read in 3 hours of driving.
I can see if I can locate a couple maps also.
hikerduane at aaahawk dot com
Duane

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/07/2014 21:38:06 MST Print View

http://coepark.net/pineridgeassociation/planning-your-visit/visitor-centers-and-park-entrances/visitor-center

There is a sign on 101 northbound. Take the East Dunne Ave exit from 101 Just stay on that to the top of the hill and the park HQ

I love Google Earth for stuff like this,

Rex Sanders
(Rex) - M

Locale: Central California Coast
Re: Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/07/2014 22:32:19 MST Print View

Take the East Dunne Ave exit off 101, and head East, a right turn if you are coming from 152.

In about 2.8 miles, at the only thing that looks like a fork in the road, stay right on East Dunne Ave, sign for "Henry W Coe State Park 10 miles".

Go to the end of the road to reach Park Headquarters.

-- Rex

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/07/2014 22:40:17 MST Print View

I will try to remember to mount my recorder onto the window of Kens van as we head into HC this year, so next year we can have a short video showing how to get up to the spot, once you turn off 101.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014 on 01/08/2014 09:07:50 MST Print View

Thank you Ken and Rex. Foreign country down there for me. I took my mom to Modesto about 8 years ago to a 50th Anniversary for a couple she knew from when we lived there. The party was at my Grandparents old house. Never would have recognized it except for the two Cedar trees out front.
Duane

Michael Driscoll
(Hillhikerz) - M

Locale: Monterey Bay
Road to H. Coe on 01/08/2014 13:56:41 MST Print View

as Rex said the only real spot one can get lost (having been there tons of times, its easy for me to say) is the weird fork in the road at 2.8 or 2.9 miles from the freeway off ramp... the rest is just taking your time going slow and enjoy the drive... a couple of those hairpins feel like your going to hit your own rear end going around them...

road to h coe

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Road to H. Coe on 01/08/2014 14:03:22 MST Print View

Thanks Michael. The online map makes it look like its miles from the freeway. Hoping to get to camp before dark or sooner Thursday. Gotta make some noise for Ken Friday AM when I fire up a couple old stoves for coffee water and breakfast.
Duane

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Ride from Sac? on 01/08/2014 19:08:15 MST Print View

I'd love to carpool from Sacramento. Anyone?