Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Regular, or Long sized quilt
Display Avatars Sort By:
Myles Booth
(mbooth0007) - F
Regular, or Long sized quilt on 08/24/2013 22:04:11 MDT Print View

I am currently eyeing the enlightened equipment revelation x quilt 20 degree, and was wondering if i should get a regular, wide (78 inches), or the long, wide (84 inches). I am 6 foot, 220 pounds with pretty broad shoulders. I was wanting to know if people prefer the extra length for those colder than expected nights where you can pull the bag up over your face and head. Any input is appreciated. (I recently posted this in the wrong thread, but was quickly told of my mistake. So, I am now posting this question in the gear forum as was advised).

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Regular, or Long sized quilt on 08/24/2013 22:21:41 MDT Print View

Nope! that's not the right forum either, no answer for you...

(Kidding, I don't care where you post, but I have no idea about your question : )

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
re on 08/24/2013 22:24:42 MDT Print View

If you sleep on your side and curl up you will have no problem pulling it over your head. Straight on your back it comes up to my nose or so, I am 6 foot as well.

What is the weight difference?

John Davis
(JCD) - F

Locale: Southeast
Regular/Wide on 08/24/2013 22:27:46 MDT Print View

I owned a Revx 10* which was a regular,wide. I am 6' and 185#. I would definitely suggest the wide. As to the length I was fine in the regular and using a hood. If you want to have the bag cover your face/head than you would want the long version. The regular would cinch around my neck but no more.

Myles Booth
(mbooth0007) - F
Re: Re: This belongs in Gear on 08/24/2013 23:02:22 MDT Print View

Thanks for the replies people, and that was funny about the wrong forum! lol. I believe the weight difference is 2.50 oz, so not much. It looks like I will be going the long route, as I tend to toss and turn while sleeping. I also noticed on their site that they have the option to purchase over stuffing for $5 per 1oz unit of stuffing. I wonder if it is worth the weight/price to get it overstuffed a bit. I really only went down to about 19 degrees last year.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Re: This belongs in Gear on 08/24/2013 23:07:54 MDT Print View

overstuff - as it get's older or slightly damp and the down looses a little loft, the overstuff will keep all the baffles full, avoid places where there is no down

J C
(Joomy) - M
Reg on 08/26/2013 03:58:08 MDT Print View

I would recommend the regular length for you. I almost fit in the 6' Revelation and I'm 6'4 (my feet press against the end but I can still cover up to my chin). I think the long rev would leave way too much dead space at the feet for anyone under 6'2. If you are 6' and broad shouldered definitely get the 6' wide. I have the 6'6 wide and it is so wide I can wrap it fully around myself (but then I am skinny).

Edited by Joomy on 08/26/2013 04:05:00 MDT.

Nathan Coleman
(RockChucker30) - M
Long / Wide on 08/26/2013 06:20:27 MDT Print View

I'm 6'3" 185 lbs and I got the long wide. I could probably get by with a long reg, but I toss and turn a lot and want to be able to tuck in the sides.

Myles Booth
(mbooth0007) - F
Reply on 08/26/2013 15:25:42 MDT Print View

Thanks for all of the replies, and insight. This will definitely help me in my future purchase. I wish there was some place you could go to climb into one of those bad boys to try them out.

Thomas Willard
(TomW)

Locale: Mystic, CT
Reg Wide on 08/28/2013 14:18:09 MDT Print View

I'm 6'2", 230lbs and have no complaints on my regular wide. I use mine like a blanket and love it.